Options

Which one is better?

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited November 8, 2007 in People
Three Pairs.
Interesting to know your opinion, which one is better inside each pair. (And why?)
1a
5607.jpg
1b
5606.jpg

2a
5605.jpg
2b
5604.jpg

3a
5602.jpg
3b
5601.jpg
--
Spasibo,
Yuri

Comments

• Options
    PineapplePhotoPineapplePhoto Registered Users Posts: 474 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    1a - eye contact draws me, not sure about the hand under the strap though.
    2a - i like seeing both arms and more of her chin.
    3a - i love her profile.
    Body: Canon 1D Mark II N | Canon 30D w/BG-E2 Flash: Canon 580EX II | Quantum T4d | Strobes & Monolights
    Glass: Sigma 70-200 f2.8 | Sigma 20 f1.8 | Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    1b - the slight turning of the face away from the camera seems, for me a least, to enhance the feeling of shyness implied by the finger on the chin. I also like the crop better, but that was outside the scope of the question.

2a/2b - This one is harder. I like the position of her left hand in 2a better than it is in 2b. However, in 2a, the right arm cutting into her forehead is, for me, something of a distraction and 2b is better, overall, for that reason.

3b - no question. In 3a, I get the sense of the model "just standing there." The 3b image is a much more intimate image and seems, to me, to convey a bit more introspection. Side comment, I think I would not have selectively colored the fingernails. They draw too much attention away from the primary focus of the photograph - the lady, specifically her face. Something to think about.
  • Options
    LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    1a - I like the story here better. The pose with her finger over her lip implies "I've got a secret," which her eyes also echo, while the second is more "I might have an idea," but it just doesn't have the same impact for me as the first.

2a - Like Scott, I found this one tougher. I like the slight downward angle of her arms and face in this one, and I like seeing both her arms. The pose is better. But I like the slightly darker lighting and pop in her eyes in 2b.

3b - Again, the story draws me in better. It's much more sensual.
  • Options
    Lee MasseyLee Massey Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    I agree with these choices... thumb.gif
    2b - i like seeing both arms and more of her chin.
    3a - i love her profile.
  • Options
    PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    1a. Finger over lips looks better than finger under lips.
    2a. Seeing both arms is better than seeing 1
    3a. The pose is far less akward than 3b

Awesome as always Yuri.
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    #1a - this was the hardest for me. I just felt she looked more thoughtful and natural. Pointing at her mouth in b was more distracting from the rest of the photo.
    #2a - looks more natural to me than the one arm in b. With both arms up, she comes across more senuous to me.
    #3a - I love this one. I agree that the orange-red nails are too distracting, but her hand, neck and profile are so relaxed and graceful. I like b, too, but it's a little less relaxed in appearance.

Really nice set, Yuri!!!
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    2b - i like seeing both arms and more of her chin.
    3a - i love her profile.

I think you may have meant 2a (for both arms and more chin). Another thought on these shots.....2b looks like she's trying to keep her head from falling off. rolleyes1.gif She appears to be pressing down on the top of her head. I also like the little extra tilt in her head in 2a
  • Options
    PineapplePhotoPineapplePhoto Registered Users Posts: 474 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    saurora wrote:
    I think you may have meant 2a (for both arms and more chin). Another thought on these shots.....2b looks like she's trying to keep her head from falling off. rolleyes1.gif She appears to be pressing down on the top of her head. I also like the little extra tilt in her head in 2a

I did rolleyes1.gif... it is hard to keep track of things at 5:00 am.
    Body: Canon 1D Mark II N | Canon 30D w/BG-E2 Flash: Canon 580EX II | Quantum T4d | Strobes & Monolights
    Glass: Sigma 70-200 f2.8 | Sigma 20 f1.8 | Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM