Options

2nd Wedding

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited November 9, 2007 in Weddings
This was a "3 hours of wedding coverage" job that actually only lasted 2 hours last Saturday.

C&C is always welcomed.

218766124-M.jpg

218765801-M.jpg

218766954-M.jpg

218768585-M.jpg

218770205-M.jpg

218769859-M.jpg

7218770515-M.jpg

218771004-M.jpg

218772160-M.jpg

218785842-M.jpg

218780181-M.jpg

218789563-M.jpg

218764698-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2007
    These are really great! Her hair in her face caused problems in only two of the photos (10 and 11). Well done! You might have a career here! If you are crazy enough to want to do this full-time.

Did you enjoy the gig?
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    Great Job! I really liked the one where he is handing the ring to the minister. So cool! What a great exposure!
    A 2 hour wedding sounds heavenly. Its the 12 hour ones that kill me. And the editing that 12 hours brings about! But I confess I love to hear that "ka-ching" as the time passes...rolleyes1.gif

Truly, you did a fantastic job!clap.gif
  • Options
    edited November 8, 2007
    These are really great! Her hair in her face caused problems in only two of the photos (10 and 11). Well done! You might have a career here! If you are crazy enough to want to do this full-time.

Did you enjoy the gig?

Thanks for commenting Scott. The hair was an issue for me the whole time I was there. Lucky for me, there was only a small gathering of close friends and relatives....so I was able to walk through empty pews to get around the side and back ( more or less) of the couple. This allowed me to grab a few shots during the ceremony that showed her face. The church I attend, I'm told, only allows photography at weddings from the balcony. If that were the case here I would have zero photos during the ceremony with her face. Anyway.....I was glad that I recognized the problem, and repositioned myself as neccessary to try to get a glimpse of her. There was a time when I wouldn't have noticed, and would have shot away into oblivion and then noticed during PP that I had no face shots!mwink.gif And....as you know.....it isn't easy on the ole ticker running around in a church and trying to be quiet during a 10 or 15 minute wedding.

I already have a full time job/ career. I work in operations for the largest petro- chemical company on the planet. I work shift work and this has afforded me some time to start doing this as a very small business. I am trying to position myself to be able to do photography when I retire. So, that gives me at least 15 years to figure it out...and learn to run a business!!

Did I enjoy the gig? I haven't decided yet if wedding photography is my thing. Yes....I enjoyed the day. I met some fun families, got to share in their joy, and also was able to include my passion(photography). I wasn't sure though that I should have taken this particular wedding......especially at my stage in this( beginner). She wanted no e-session, or formal portraits ahead of time, and did not want full day....getting ready photos. These are all opportunities to get friendly with, and get comfortable with a client, and I enjoyed that at my first one, and sorely missed it this time. I also wasn't sure how much of "the story" I could tell without doing all those things, but in hindsight the pictures still tell their story. I will say this. She was late. We were scheduled to do some casual portraits before the ceremony. This probably would have worked me through my nervousness, but there was no time. I had one camera on the monopod with my Tamron 28-75....and one camera on a strap with my 85mm. I really wanted to use the 85mm.....but I was shaking so bad...at least at first ....that it was impossible. I should have forseen that and had a spare quick connect on the spare camera, but.........next time. I am sure you have done this type of thing before. It was all a blur for me. I am going to do some more weddings before I decide whether it is a direction I want to pursue.....or run from!!

I am helping a friend do one this next Saturday afternoon that should be a hoot. I hear the bride will wear a denim dress and cowboy boots!!!
  • Options
    edited November 8, 2007
    Great Job! I really liked the one where he is handing the ring to the minister. So cool! What a great exposure!
    A 2 hour wedding sounds heavenly. Its the 12 hour ones that kill me. And the editing that 12 hours brings about! But I confess I love to hear that "ka-ching" as the time passes...rolleyes1.gif

Truly, you did a fantastic job!clap.gif

THanks for commenting. That particular photo made the day for me. I was completely stoked when I first saw it on the pc screen. I would have actually preferred the 12 hour variety at my stage in this. 2 hours for a wedding and reception is/ was a blur!!mwink.gif

But yes the $$$ is a good thing.
  • Options
    edited November 8, 2007
    I got a pleasing phone call this afternoon from the bride. She is happy with her photographs, and anxious to begin selecting some for print. When she originally contacted me she said she expected 50 or so shots. I told her that I would give her 100 4x6 proofs, and that although I couldn't guarantee it, I would be willing to bet I could get that many in a couple hours. In the end I put nearly 400 images in her proof gallery, so she will have plenty of choices to make. This was the best success of that day.......capturing enough that she can pick and choose.
  • Options
    DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    Nice set. I love the one of them coming down the isle.

I will do my first wedding next month. I have always said I would never do one, but I shot a party for the groom and he is insisting on having me. It is a very small wedding with just family, but it scares the c#*p out of me.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited November 8, 2007
    some really great photos-

if and when you can, please post some of the cowboy/girl wedding photos -

sounds interesting-
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2007
    DavidS wrote:
    Nice set. I love the one of them coming down the isle.

I will do my first wedding next month. I have always said I would never do one, but I shot a party for the groom and he is insisting on having me. It is a very small wedding with just family, but it scares the c#*p out of me.

Thanks

Nothing to be scared about really, but it can be a pressure cooker by your own expectations. If they didn't like what you have already done, they wouldn't have asked. Just do....what you do!!!
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2007
    gefillmore wrote:
    some really great photos-

if and when you can, please post some of the cowboy/girl wedding photos -

sounds interesting-

Laughing.gifthumb.gif

You are thinking like I was when I first heard about that denim dress and cowboy boots......"this oughta be very interesting"

If it turns out to be the hoot I think it will be.....and I can finish my morning session on time, I PROMISE to post samples.