Options

Children's carnival

GSPePGSPeP Registered Users Posts: 3,747 Major grins
edited March 1, 2005 in People
The first weekend of february was carnival here in my village. My brother and I were somewhat the "official" photographers of the event. We did something similar last year and the the team that organises everything asked us to do it again this year. No problem for us. This means that we can follow them everywhere and can drink for free :wink

My brother used my old Sony MVC-FD97 and I was on the road with my 300D with the Sigma 28-300 (I sold that lens today)

It's a four day event and they started friday afternoon with the children's carnival in kindergarten and the elementary school. I thought I would share a few pictures of the kids.

15328996-M.jpg

15328997-M.jpg

15328998-M.jpg

15329042-M.jpg

15329047-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    BridgeCityBridgeCity Registered Users Posts: 338 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    OO OOO!! I like #1 the best. It should be entitled "I wish I was home in bed with hot cocoa"

Great shots in presumably tricky light :)
  • Options
    GSPePGSPeP Registered Users Posts: 3,747 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    Tricky light indeed. It was an overcast day.

I think she would have liked hot cocoa. It was only 5°C that day (approx. 41°F)
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    These are very cute, though I find the backgrounds somewhat distracting. Shoooting in this sort of situation, I try to use the largest aperature possible and a fairly loong lens in order to blur out this stuff and get the focus on the children. In this case the backgrounds have nice colors. If they were blurred, they would be attractive instead of distracting. There is hope for fixing this in post, see http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=1011
    If not now, when?