Options

Would you buy a "lens" from here...

BeemerChefBeemerChef Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
edited November 15, 2007 in The Big Picture
Of course it is the lowest price I have found!... and one hears horror stories about certain establishments... but this is a lens, not a camera... it is about $100+ lower than the average price of this lens...
Thanks for the feedback... just so I don't navigate in the tunnel of horrors:rolleyes

Be well... Ara
The Oasis of my Soul our Blog and Life Therapy...
My Gallery in progress...
On the road, homeless, with my buddy Spirit...

Comments

• Options
    CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2007
    Ara,

Save yourself the grief and forget about this reseller. You can read about the horrors here. You can get much better deal on dgrin FM.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • Options
    edited November 10, 2007
    I guess the question has been answered!!! Thanks...
    Sometimes however "horror' also comes from members here!
    I paid full retail, just about, for a 17~185 4.6 Canon... from a member here! an impulse buy!!! This is what I got yesterday...

219680238-M.jpg

Yes... the dust is in the lens... under the lens and he is accusing me of doing it!!! For a second time I asked him for a refund... I will make this public if he does not...

I think I am done buying anything through the mail... I want to SEE it first!!!

Thanks for the reply...

Be well...

Ara
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2007
    Ara, like any flea market, there are good sellers and not-so-good sellers. Far and away the majority of goods sold on Dgrin have landed in happy hands. I'm sorry you got a bum deal. Have you tried talking with the Seller? Do you need some assistance?

For my part, I've sold plenty on Dgrin, and other forums, too. And purchased plenty. I guarantee 100% satisfaction, I fully describe the condition, and I provide photos of the gear.

Did you get photos of this lens before purchasing? Where's the listing?
  • Options
    edited November 10, 2007
    Thanks Andy...
    As I wrote, a bit of an impulse buy as a friend of mine had one (lens) this weekend and I got to fool around with it. I could not afford the 2.8 so when I saw this one, being told as "in new condition" (no, I did not see a picture) we went through the purchase. It seemed like a good price, but (my fault here) after checking other suppliers realized that this used lens was actually sold as full price+shipping"+a Polarized lens (included)+ PayPal fee... ($470)
    Oh! well... there was even a post "price bump"... So while the transaction was in process, I wrote the seller asking about the price bump, was told it is just a way to get the thread to be first again... has nothing to do with price (I thought always that would be simply "bump") and, no blame on him, my lesson for an impulse buy, but I thought that the price was too high for a used lens... he of course did not agree...
    I received it as is yesterday... and the picture says it all...
    This was his reply...

"I don’t know what you have done to the lens since you got it but there was no dust on the lens when I sent it to you, the lens was in pristine condition and worked perfectly.

I sealed the lens in a clean bag and put the filter in a separate bag for shipping to you. If you dropped it or got dust on it then I would suggest you send it to Canon for a cleaning but there wasn’t any when it left here.

You started complaining before you even got the lens so for all I know you put the dust on it and are now trying to get a refund. I don’t rip people off and for you to insinuate that I sent it like that is a bald faced lie. There will be no refund from me."

I am really the type of person to do such a thing! This guy is too much... but... as I always think, School is never closed...

Regardless, wether I complained about the price after I paid or not, and I was not blaming him but myself, important to know that... this lens should have been in "new condition"...

Thanks for listening...

* He still has a camera for sale but the paragraph for the lens that I bought is gone!

• Options
    claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2007
    BeemerChef wrote:
    Of course it is the lowest price I have found!... and one hears horror stories about certain establishments... but this is a lens, not a camera... it is about $100+ lower than the average price of this lens...
    Thanks for the feedback... just so I don't navigate in the tunnel of horrorsrolleyes1.gif

Be well... Ara

Those guys are probably the best known crooks online. Run far away from them. As yukio indicated, check resellerratings before dealing with an unknown vendor. Also, ignore Shopcartusa--they are in chaoots with the scammers and likey owned by the same crooks, the reviews there are pure BS and to be ignored.

In answer to your thread title question: NO! I would not buy anything from those criminals. It boggles our minds that NY allows all these guys to continue to exist.
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited November 14, 2007
    Ara, any update?
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2007
    Those guys are probably the best known crooks online. Run far away from them. As yukio indicated, check resellerratings before dealing with an unknown vendor. Also, ignore Shopcartusa--they are in chaoots with the scammers and likey owned by the same crooks, the reviews there are pure BS and to be ignored.

In answer to your thread title question: NO! I would not buy anything from those criminals. It boggles our minds that NY allows all these guys to continue to exist.

Wait ... did Ara say it was purchased from a member here??

I guess the question has been answered!!! Thanks...
    Sometimes however "horror' also comes from members here!
    I paid full retail, just about, for a 17~185 4.6 Canon... from a member here! an impulse buy!!! This is what I got yesterday...

I know I am new here and I have only sold two items here, but I can say with full assurance that I describe the item to the best i can with pictures following, and will have full, but yet, polite dialogue with the buyer about the item.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2007
    I was commenting on the linked retail site, not on the flea market. See the post I quoted. deal.gif
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2007
    I was commenting on the linked retail site, not on the flea market. See the post I quoted. deal.gif

Oh...

I just put my glasses on. thumb.gif
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com