Options

when roses fall apart

digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
edited March 1, 2005 in Holy Macro
make a sculpture!

16626293-M.jpg

or....just pile 'em all together:

16626288-M.jpg

I'm kinda proud of the second....I somehow managed to capture to purplish hue that the main petal had toward the edge. :D comments/critique always welcome.

Comments

• Options
    aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2005
    make a sculpture!

or....just pile 'em all together:

I'm kinda proud of the second....I somehow managed to capture to purplish hue that the main petal had toward the edge. :D comments/critique always welcome.
    Great texture! I love the first one. Did you use a Macro lens?
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2005
    aero-nut wrote:
    Great texture! I love the first one. Did you use a Macro lens?
    nope, well....I have built-in macro and super-macro features.....so maybe? rolleyes1.gif
    I have the fujifilm finepix s7000 but that probably doesn't help you any does it. :D a super nice macro lens is on my wishlist of things to buy, especially for the warmer months and I need some space between myself and a jittery subject like a praying mantis.
  • Options
    Charlie BrownCharlie Brown Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2005
    i believe i politely asked you to stop showing off. if you keep this up, ill have damon chase you arround the site and call you names and stuff!!!! eek7.gifD1drink.gif

seriously though those are great shots.

cb
    I can only hope to progress to the point of one day being a second rate photographer, wish me luck.
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2005
    i believe i politely asked you to stop showing off. if you keep this up, ill have damon chase you arround the site and call you names and stuff!!!! eek7.gifD1drink.gif

seriously though those are great shots.

cb
    :jawdrop the nerve! rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    dkoyanagidkoyanagi Registered Users Posts: 656 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    The first photo seems a little rigid and formal. However I really like the second photo. I think you really captured the color and texture well. clap.gifclap.
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited February 28, 2005
    Nice pair of shots.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2005
    dkoyanagi wrote:
    The first photo seems a little rigid and formal.
    could you elaborate? I'm still learning some of the ropes concerning composition! mwink.gif
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 28, 2005
    2 fantastic shots DF! I like #1 best. Great line leading the eye into the shot. hard edged crop that adds the creativity. Very nice!
  • Options
    Charlie BrownCharlie Brown Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    could you elaborate? I'm still learning some of the ropes concerning composition! mwink.gif

i think he(?)s saying that it looks a little staged like it was a text book case of a photo showing perspective, unlike the second one which is more natureal looking. i happen to like them both.
    I can only hope to progress to the point of one day being a second rate photographer, wish me luck.
  • Options
    dkoyanagidkoyanagi Registered Users Posts: 656 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    Hi Tanna,
    I'm by no means an expert on composition. Heck, I've only been doing this for six months myself. I don't think there's anything wrong with the first photo. I just happen to like the second better one because it seems more natural. Just a personal preference I guess.
  • Options
    thebiffusthebiffus Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    I really like both shots, one is formal and the other natural, I just think with both of these shots that the mood can reach more people's unique tastes. Great job!!
    TEL

~There are moments when one has to choose between living one's own life, fully, entirely, completely - or dragging out some false, shallow, degrading existence that the world in its hypocrisy demands.~
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2005
    dkoyanagi wrote:
    Hi Tanna,
    I'm by no means an expert on composition. Heck, I've only been doing this for six months myself. I don't think there's anything wrong with the first photo. I just happen to like the second better one because it seems more natural. Just a personal preference I guess.
    gotcha! thanks! :D