Options

Water marks

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited November 11, 2007 in Finishing School
I would like to know how I go about putting a water mark signature in the bottom corner of my photos. Do I have to have Photo Shop installed for this or not. I have Lightroom installed for any need to change a photo.
Kind regards
Bob

Comments

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2007
    canon400d wrote:
    I would like to know how I go about putting a water mark signature in the bottom corner of my photos. Do I have to have Photo Shop installed for this or not. I have Lightroom installed for any need to change a photo.
    Kind regards
    Bob
    Some sites here.
    http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/photoshop/ht/apswatermark.htm

http://www.all-things-photography.com/add-a-watermark.html

http://www.thedesignworld.com/photoshop-tutorials/basic-photoshop/easy-watermarking/

And a video.
    http://www.oman3d.com/tutorials/photoshop/video/watermark.php
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2007
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2007
    Lightroom has a built-in feature for applying your mark. Just remember, this will be on your original images, so if you make prints via SmugMug, the mark will be on the prints.
  • Options
    edited November 10, 2007
    gus wrote:

Thanks Gus,
    I have looked the links and they all refer to Photo Shop which I do not have as I use Lightroom. Is it possible to insert a signature without using Photo Shop.
    Cheers
    Bob
  • Options
    edited November 10, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Lightroom has a built-in feature for applying your mark. Just remember, this will be on your original images, so if you make prints via SmugMug, the mark will be on the prints.

Thanks Andy,
    Can you please tell me if it is possible to delete the water mark signature or is it permanent.
    Cheers
    Bob
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2007
    canon400d wrote:
    Thanks Andy,
    Can you please tell me if it is possible to delete the water mark signature or is it permanent.
    Cheers
    Bob
    Prior to making ANY changes to a photo that you wish to keep..you really should be making a copy of it or the entire folder if there are several. If the wheel falls off in what ever process you are doing then its no loss & you simply try again with another copy.
  • Options
    edited November 10, 2007
    gus wrote:
    Prior to making ANY changes to a photo that you wish to keep..you really should be making a copy of it or the entire folder if there are several. If the wheel falls off in what ever process you are doing then its no loss & you simply try again with another copy.

Of course Gus. I always make a copy and keep it on my external hard drive.
    Thanks for your kind help
    Bob
  • Options
    edited November 10, 2007
    PM wrote:
    Hi Andy I am sorry to trouble you but I have looked through Adobe Photo Shop Lightroom and I can't find the water mark feature. I have looked everywhere.
    Can you help.
    Thanks Andy

Please, no private messages - ask questions in the open forum, thanks. The active folks here on Dgrin (me included) get zillions of requests. If we answered every private message, we'd be inundated.

There are plenty of folks who can help, in the forums. Asking by PM puts undue pressure on a few folks, so thanks for your cooperation :D

export-20071110-233514.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 10, 2007
    gus wrote:
    LR does non-destructive editing :)
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Please, no private messages - ask questions in the open forum, thanks. The active folks here on Dgrin (me included) get zillions of requests. If we answered every private message, we'd be inundated.

There are plenty of folks who can help, in the forums. Asking by PM puts undue pressure on a few folks, so thanks for your cooperation :D

export-20071110-233514.jpg

I have selected a photo and checked 'Add copyright watermark' and then clicked on Export. When I looked at the photo which had been exported to 'My Pictures' I did not see any watermark. Where have I gone wrong can anyone please explain.
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    LR does non-destructive editing :)

I sincerely apologise for contacting you by Private Message. The reason I did this was because I wanted to get on with adding the watermark feature. Sometimes my messages on here are not answered for a couple of days or so. I will never contact you again by PM.
    Cheers
    Bob
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2007
    canon400d wrote:
    I sincerely apologise for contacting you by Private Message. The reason I did this was because I wanted to get on with adding the watermark feature. Sometimes my messages on here are not answered for a couple of days or so. I will never contact you again by PM.
    Cheers
    Bob
    It's not a major offense or anything, no worries - I say what I said so that people remember to post in the forums where ANYone can help :)
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2007
    canon400d wrote:
    I have selected a photo and checked 'Add copyright watermark' and then clicked on Export. When I looked at the photo which had been exported to 'My Pictures' I did not see any watermark. Where have I gone wrong can anyone please explain.
    Hi Bob,

It's in the metadata section. I also found this info on Page 12 of the LR Manual.

Look here:

lightroom-20071111-115724.jpg