Options

junco

windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
edited November 13, 2007 in Wildlife
i thught this junco, was not junko so wanted to share.....

220560874-M.jpg

troy

Comments

• Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2007
    Not junko at all. thumb.gif

Maybe a little too blue though, Troy.
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2007
    Ric Grupe wrote:
    Not junko at all. thumb.gif

Maybe a little too blue though, Troy.
    blue? i dont see any blue at all.....

and i just adjusted my monitor!

but thanx for letting me know - !

troy
  • Options
    GiphsubGiphsub Registered Users Posts: 2,662 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2007
  • Options
    dbaker1221dbaker1221 Registered Users Posts: 4,482 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2007
    I thought it was a hair blue too. But it is a great shotclap.gif
    **If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
    Dave
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2007
    dbaker1221 wrote:
    I thought it was a hair blue too. But it is a great shotclap.gif

im looking at this image full screen and for the life of me i cant tell where it is "bluish".....

bt than again for looking and commenting, it was shot at ISO 1600 and with a shutter speed much less than what i wanted so all in all it came out ok!

thanx again

troy
  • Options
    dbaker1221dbaker1221 Registered Users Posts: 4,482 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2007
    windoze wrote:
    im looking at this image full screen and for the life of me i cant tell where it is "bluish".....

bt than again for looking and commenting, it was shot at ISO 1600 and with a shutter speed much less than what i wanted so all in all it came out ok!

thanx again

troy

don't get me wrong Troy ...I really like the shot...that was just my first thought on it . & probably I'm the last person that should comment on these things cause I have a terrible time with mine.
    **If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
    Dave
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2007
    I can't see that much blue in it on my screen...
  • Options
    MaestroMaestro Registered Users Posts: 5,395 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2007
    windoze wrote:

thanx again

troy

Hey Troy. Very nice shot with nice detail and a nice perch. I think the blue "thing" is around the wing bars. It is almost tealish on my monitor. It is probably partly due to the lighting and high ISO; sort of like a color cast that one sometimes gets in low light shots.
  • Options
    raptorcaptorraptorcaptor Registered Users Posts: 3,968 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2007
    windoze wrote:

thanx again

troy

It looks to me that it was shot in overcast lighting so the grays are a little cool! Nothing wrong with that! The good thing is that you got nice even lighting!
    Glenn

My website | NANPA Member
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2007
    I can't pick it up at all, but my imac screen might have something to do with that...
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2007
    Maestro wrote:
    Hey Troy. Very nice shot with nice detail and a nice perch. I think the blue "thing" is around the wing bars. It is almost tealish on my monitor. It is probably partly due to the lighting and high ISO; sort of like a color cast that one sometimes gets in low light shots.

Yep...Stephen nailed it...as far as I'm concerned. Teal is a more accurate description.

My monitor is calibrated too...now that being said, I wasn't saying it was a big deal...just making an observation...trying to be helpful.

Here...a picture is worth a thousand words.

220993408-O.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2007
    Ric Grupe wrote:
    Yep...Stephen nailed it...as far as I'm concerned. Teal is a more accurate description.

My monitor is calibrated too...now that being said, I wasn't saying it was a big deal...just making an observation...trying to be helpful.

it is very helpful! Ric, you might have noticed that i rarely post images anymore. the reason is that what i see on my 24" iMac is so different from what PC users see. im not saying mine is better - its just different! So before i posted this junco i was sitting on the fence as to whether or not to post. I was hoping that what i see is what everyone else would see. So it is very helpful that you pointed that out. im going to have look at it on a different monitor to see this teal / bluish color....

troy
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2007
    windoze wrote:
    it is very helpful! Ric, you might have noticed that i rarely post images anymore. the reason is that what i see on my 24" iMac is so different from what PC users see. im not saying mine is better - its just different! So before i posted this junco i was sitting on the fence as to whether or not to post. I was hoping that what i see is what everyone else would see. So it is very helpful that you pointed that out. im going to have look at it on a different monitor to see this teal / bluish color....

troy

I really don't understand why an iMac should be any different, if calibrated. ne_nau.gif

Now...I'm no expert on color...but, can't you read the rgb values in photoshop and see if an adjustment is necessary?
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2007
    Ric Grupe wrote:
    I really don't understand why an iMac should be any different, if calibrated. ne_nau.gif

Now...I'm no expert on color...but, can't you read the rgb values in photoshop and see if an adjustment is necessary?

Ric,

im using a monitor at work right now and at first I dont see a difference between the two images but "Now i Do".......
    I wouldnt have noticed it without your edit so I thank you VERY MUCH posting that. I willcheck when i get home to see if i see it on my Imac monitor.....

My particular iMac screen is 40% brighter ( and I turn the brightness down to "0" !! ) than a regular iMac screen so I think what happens is the brightness somehow makes what I see "more whiter" than blue if you can understand what im trying to say......ne_nau.gif
    Its the only fault with the 24" iMac as far as I know..

Another example - on the monitor at work im on right now - i can hardly see the eye, but on my iMac the eye is sharp and clearly defined...

troy
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2007
    windoze wrote:
    Ric,

im using a monitor at work right now and at first I dont see a difference between the two images but "Now i Do".......
    I wouldnt have noticed it without your edit so I thank you VERY MUCH posting that. I willcheck when i get home to see if i see it on my Imac monitor.....

My particular iMac screen is 40% brighter ( and I turn the brightness down to "0" !! ) than a regular iMac screen so I think what happens is the brightness somehow makes what I see "more whiter" than blue if you can understand what im trying to say......ne_nau.gif
    Its the only fault with the 24" iMac as far as I know..

Another example - on the monitor at work im on right now - i can hardly see the eye, but on my iMac the eye is sharp and clearly defined...

troy
    Turn the backlight down. I had to back my 23" Sony way down. The software I use makes that easy...Gretag Macbeth's eye-one match 3 was taken over by:

http://www.xrite.com/product_overview.aspx?ID=812

I understand the problem...it throws the luminance off...that is a problem.