Options

Two more recent shoots - High Bandwidth - lots of shots!

photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
edited November 17, 2007 in People
**I should have said "high bandwidth warning"... Sorry!**

After the wedding, I had two more shoots... And these are the ones that made me realize I was making the right decision. As stress as I get about weddings, I get SO excited about shoots! And the people here in Crested Butte are amazing. Everyone is so laid back and this makes the shoots SO much fun!

The first family.... Their son goes to school with my two girls and i've always thought he was adorable! His mom is so awesome - I just love chatting with her. And I was so excited when she asked me to do a photo shoot with them. Here are some of the shots....

1. 220677282-M.jpg

2. 220677257-M.jpg

3. 220677332-M.jpg

They were SUCH a cute couple! I love this shot! (I'm not wild abotu the conversion, but I'll fix it later - I have a LOT more editing to do before getting to it, though.0
4. 220677309-M.jpg

And the other shoot was with one of the teachers from my daughter's school. She had a baby not too long ago and I gave her a gift of the shoot and a JPG for announcements. I had only done one really tiny baby before (other than my girls a long time ago), but did some research.... Hope it helped!

5. 220705853-M.jpg

6. 220705743-M.jpg

7. 220705800-M.jpg

8. 220705698-M.jpg

9. 220705834-M.jpg

10. 220705848-M-1.jpg

Any and all CC is most welcome. I probably won't finish editing these shoots until next week as I have the wedding photos to go through. *sigh* And I so want to!

Thanks so much for looking!

Oh, and on a side note, I just started a blog!! I know everyone has had one forever, but I feel like I've been able to focus a lot more lately on what needs to be done and started it here.

Comments

• Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2007
    I absolutely love 4,5 and the last one. Amazing photos! clap.gifclapclap.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2007
    I love 1 (rainbow sunflare?), 4, 5, & 7!
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2007
    ShepsMom wrote:
    I absolutely love 4,5 and the last one. Amazing photos! clap.gifclapclap.gif

Thank you so much! :D
    evoryware wrote:
    I love 1 (rainbow sunflare?), 4, 5, & 7!
    As I was driving there, I realized just how stunning the sky was - that was definitley the reason I did that shot... I was excited to get the star flare, too...

Thanks so much!! I really appreciate it.
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2007
    Oh my goodness...#6 just made me melt. How adorable is that shot, and the lighting is dreamy! I also love #10, but I actually really like all of them. :D You can tell you have fun and are comfortable doing what you do. Congrats! wings.gif
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2007
    These are amazing - there's nothing there that isn't simply wonderful.

I really like #3 - the expression on his face is something else!

#4 is a great shot. And I agree the conversion needs a little something. Very, very nice!

#7 is a nice wall hanger for grandma's living room. My grandmonther had something similar and everytime I see one of these, that's what I remember. Nicely done!
  • Options
    xrisxris Registered Users Posts: 546 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2007
    Wow
    Very nice stuff! wings.gif Makes me dislike watermarks -- a lot.
    X www.thepicturetaker.ca
  • Options
    LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2007
    These are great! clap.gif I absolutely love #1 and #10. #4 is just precious. Wonderful job. thumb.gif
  • Options
    jdfaithjdfaith Registered Users Posts: 172 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2007
    Beautiful, beautiful. I love them all but find the first to be my favorite.
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2007
    You are so in your groove, baby!

I am blown away by the first shot, the timing and execution are brilliant. Creative genius at its best! wings.gif

I am also partial to 3, 5, 7 and 10. I am just loving your creative interaction setups lately, it's harder than it looks, and you're getting some serious traction here!

These images are signs of a true professional at work! ylsuper.gif
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    k2butterk2butter Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2007
    Awesome... I LOVE LOVE LOVE your portraits...they get better every time I see them!clap.gif
  • Options
    Lee MasseyLee Massey Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2007
    Hi Andi,

Very nice photos. You really cptured some nice emotion here. thumb.gif

Thanks for sharing,

Lee
  • Options
    adpaceadpace Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2007
    My word!! These are fantastic, Andi! There's not a single one that I don't like. In fact, these photos... they certainly evoke the emotion of being a parent and seeing the wee ones. Fantabulous! iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2007
    It sure is obvious you are in your element when you shoot family portraits! What a neat bunch of shots....such a variety it's hard to choose favorites, but #1, #5, #7 and #10 stand out for me. I'm not always crazy about silhouettes, but these 2 are great...I see just the right amount of detail in #10. Good Job!!! :saurora
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2007
    Elaine wrote:
    Oh my goodness...#6 just made me melt. How adorable is that shot, and the lighting is dreamy! I also love #10, but I actually really like all of them. :D You can tell you have fun and are comfortable doing what you do. Congrats! wings.gif

Thank you!! He really was a cutie... They claim they'll be using me more and I really hope so - he was such a joy! As were his parents... Thanks again!
    These are amazing - there's nothing there that isn't simply wonderful.

I really like #3 - the expression on his face is something else!

#4 is a great shot. And I agree the conversion needs a little something. Very, very nice!

#7 is a nice wall hanger for grandma's living room. My grandmonther had something similar and everytime I see one of these, that's what I remember. Nicely done!
    Wow! Thank you, Scott! (And I'm glad you agree about #4 - I keep looking at it going "eeewww", I need to fix it! Laughing.gif!) I really appreciate your feedback!!!
    Very nice stuff! wings.gif Makes me dislike watermarks -- a lot.
    Laughing.gif! Thank you very much! I'm actually trying to take some time to redo my watermarks so that they keep people from taking them, but allow you to see the photos better.... Honestly, they really drive me crazy in these phtoos, too. Laughing.gif! Thanks again!
    These are great! clap.gif I absolutely love #1 and #10. #4 is just precious. Wonderful job. thumb.gif
    Thanks so much... I love #4, too! They were just so cute together!
    Beautiful, beautiful. I love them all but find the first to be my favorite.
    Thank you - it's really cool to picture something and then shoot it and have it turn out! Thanks so much!

(I"ll be back shortly to respond to the rest!)
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited November 13, 2007
    I think your sp project got you prepared for family shots-

great pics and marvelous creativity-
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2007
    urbanaries wrote:
    You are so in your groove, baby!

I am blown away by the first shot, the timing and execution are brilliant. Creative genius at its best! wings.gif

I am also partial to 3, 5, 7 and 10. I am just loving your creative interaction setups lately, it's harder than it looks, and you're getting some serious traction here!

These images are signs of a true professional at work! ylsuper.gif

Lynne! Thank you SO much! You're so sweet... I've learned a LOT of it from you - especially backlighting and really pushing that.

Thank you so much!
    Awesome... I LOVE LOVE LOVE your portraits...they get better every time I see them!clap.gif

Thank you! I really appreciate it, Karen!!
    Hi Andi,

Very nice photos. You really cptured some nice emotion here. thumb.gif

Thanks for sharing,

Lee
    Thank you very much, Lee! :D
    My word!! These are fantastic, Andi! There's not a single one that I don't like. In fact, these photos... they certainly evoke the emotion of being a parent and seeing the wee ones. Fantabulous! iloveyou.gif

Thanks so much, Angela! I have to say, though, that I really LOVE taking pictures of babies, but really do NOT want another one myself! Laughing.gif! But he was mighty cute.....
    It sure is obvious you are in your element when you shoot family portraits! What a neat bunch of shots....such a variety it's hard to choose favorites, but #1, #5, #7 and #10 stand out for me. I'm not always crazy about silhouettes, but these 2 are great...I see just the right amount of detail in #10. Good Job!!! :saurora

Susan, thank you very much. I'm really glad you liked #10! That was a fun one - just a spur of the moment shot.... I'm glad it turned out like I hoped!! Thanks again!
    I think your sp project got you prepared for family shots-

great pics and marvelous creativity-

You know, I never thought of it! You might be right... I think it gets me thinking about things in a different way. Interesting!

Thank you so much!!
  • Options
    Mrs FMrs F Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2007
    These are so nice. #1 and #5 are my favorite. I keep coming back to look at them because they're gorgeous! You've captured images these families will cherish forever. iloveyou.gif
    C and C always welcome.
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2007
    These are incredible. I like them all. Only thing I might try would be a horizontal crop on 2 just above the cushions. You could lose some of the walls and ceiling and still get the distortion of the WA that makes the photo so dynamic looking.

Great set.
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2007
    Mrs F wrote:
    These are so nice. #1 and #5 are my favorite. I keep coming back to look at them because they're gorgeous! You've captured images these families will cherish forever. iloveyou.gif

Thank you so very much, Mrs F! :D
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    These are incredible. I like them all. Only thing I might try would be a horizontal crop on 2 just above the cushions. You could lose some of the walls and ceiling and still get the distortion of the WA that makes the photo so dynamic looking.

Great set.

Thank you so much!

I actually did crop it square for some custom layouts, but didn't think it was quite as dynamic. But thanks for the suggestion! I also had a second reason - the dad built the house and I really wanted some pieces of it in the photos. (I only got a few like that, but plan on getting more when I shoot the kids again after the first of the year.)

Thanks again!
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2007
    Great series, thank you for sharing!
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2007
    Holy buckets! These are incredible!
    I especially love the first one and every one after that!
    Great job!clap.gif
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2007
    Nikolai wrote:
    Great series, thank you for sharing!

Thank you so much, Nikolai! I appreciate it!!
    Holy buckets! These are incredible!
    I especially love the first one and every one after that!
    Great job!clap.gif

Thank you, Heather! Both families were a blast to shoot.... :D
  • Options
    DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2007
    These are all great. I love #6.
  • Options
    edited November 17, 2007
    DavidS wrote:
    These are all great. I love #6.

Thank you very much, David!