Options

The old Strathmore Paper Mill

Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
edited November 13, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
Happened upon this place in my wanderings. The buildings are pretty non-descript and I didn't get any overview photos. I was looking more for interesting industrial artifacts. The first shot shows some steel walkways and the base of the smoke stack. I was not able to get close enough to get a shot up the stack.

DSC_0002a.jpg

This shot is one of the receiving docks. The worn blue paint caught my eye. That and the fact that despite the sapling and tall grass in front of it, the green light was still on! Don't know who's paying the electric bill :rolleyes

DSC_0008.jpg

Jack
(My real name is John but Jack'll do)

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2007
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Happened upon this place in my wanderings. The buildings are pretty non-descript and I didn't get any overview photos. I was looking more for interesting industrial artifacts. The first shot shows some steel walkways and the base of the smoke stack. I was not able to get close enough to get a shot up the stack.

This shot is one of the receiving docks. The worn blue paint caught my eye. That and the fact that despite the sapling and tall grass in front of it, the green light was still on! Don't know who's paying the electric bill rolleyes1.gif

The word paper on the smoke stack though we know it's brick looks mosaic.
    The combinations of Rust, brick and metals, they always make for interesting lines shapes and colours.

..Thanks for sharing thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    The word paper on the smoke stack though we know it's brick looks mosaic.
    The combinations of Rust, brick and metals, they always make for interesting lines shapes and colours.

..Thanks for sharing thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Here are a couple of better shots of the smokestack that show how the mosaic effect was achieved. I don't think the bricks are painted , I think the material was colored before firing the bricks.

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2007
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Here are a couple of better shots of the smokestack that show how the mosaic effect was achieved. I don't think the bricks are painted , I think the material was colored before firing the bricks.

Thanks for showing these extra shots Jack thumb.gif ...... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2007
    I like that last one in the first post. To bad its not in angle..A small boost of the colours would do it better i think.

// Arvan