Options

Looking up in LA

gregneilgregneil Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
edited March 1, 2005 in Landscapes
Took these shots yesterday walking around downtown Los Angeles. It's odd how you can walk a few blocks and go from a run down, creepy city park to a brand new yuppie condo complex. But there's no pictures of that here. Just some buildings... Any comments and criticism welcome. Click for EXIF.

Taken with a DRebel with a 17-40/4L on board.
16660283-L.jpg

16660256-L.jpg
There's a thin line between genius and stupid.

Comments

• Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    Fantastic shots! The 2nd is really nicely framed!

Could they be a bit too blue?

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 1, 2005
    Excellent captures. Perhaps my favorite part of downtown, and I see you made it to Water Park for #2. That's a great composition. Have you been up to the rooftop bar at The Standard? Great views from up there.
  • Options
    ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    I really like the 2nd one, well done..thumb.gif

Ed
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited March 1, 2005
    Greg,

I agree with the group, the 2nd one is awesome!!! thumb.gifthumb.gif

Thanks for sharing these,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    gregneil wrote:
    Took these shots yesterday walking around downtown Los Angeles. It's odd how you can walk a few blocks and go from a run down, creepy city park to a brand new yuppie condo complex. But there's no pictures of that here. Just some buildings... Any comments and criticism welcome. Click for EXIF.

Taken with a DRebel with a 17-40/4L on board.

I have to agree with the crowd abouit #2. Just a fine shot. clap.gif
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2005
    Thanks for the comments, everyone!

Nir, I definitely over-blue-ified them, but I think I like it that way. Took a bit of photoshop to get 'em that way.
    and I see you made it to Water Park for #2

If by the Water Park, you mean on the escalater coming up from some sunken food court that has a Panda Express, then yes, I made it to the Water Park. :) But for real, where's this "water park"? I don't think I found it.

I like number 2 the best too. Number 1 is pretty standard skyline stuff. Next time there will be random strangers in my pictures. I swear...
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 1, 2005
    gregneil wrote:
    If by the Water Park, you mean on the escalater coming up from some sunken food court that has a Panda Express, then yes, I made it to the Water Park. :) But for real, where's this "water park"? I don't think I found it.
    That steel framing that frames #2 looks like a structure at Water Park, which is at the crest of Bunker Hill at the top of Angel's Flight. Up the hill from the Biltmore Hotel. Look for the pedestrian bridge to the Inter-Continental Hotel. If you want some great people shots go to the Public Market at the bottom of Angel's Flight.
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2005
    Thanks for the directions, Angelo! I'll try it out on my next day downtown. Anything called water park sounds like good times.