Street shots in Tokyo, part II

zweiblumenzweiblumen Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
edited November 14, 2007 in Street and Documentary
I've found I really enjoy walking down the street and grabbing shots as they come by. Sometimes sitting someplace and waiting for the right person, or situation. I wish I had more time (and a more interesting place) to do this when not on vacation. Oh, and Andy, when is your next workshop?

Anyway, here are few more that I've processed while still on vacation:

This guy was singing on the Harajuku bridge. And by singing, I mean wailing his heart out to late 80's early 90's rock. I was under the impression he was there semi regularly. He definitely drew a crowd.
220991001-L-1.jpg

Some girls headed up to the bridge for the cosplay group.
220990757-L-1.jpg

A few gentleman sharing paints in the park.
220990675-L-1.jpg

I wish I had more shots of the Rockabilly crowd, but my battery died while my spare was in the other bag DOH!
220990620-L-1.jpg
Travis

Comments

• LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2007
    I love the one of the gentlemen in the park. Very nice moment you captured. clap.gif

Harajuku sounds like a dream to photograph (at least to me). Everybody cosplay! :D
  • DRT-MaverickDRT-Maverick Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2007
    Beautiful. I'll be travelling to japan in the next 1-3 years myself (depending on how it goes w/ college and going abroad). :)
    Pentax K20D 14.6mp Body : Pentax *ist D 6.1mp Body : Pentax ZX10 Body : 180mm Sigma Macro EX lens : 18-55mm Pentax SMC DA Lens : 28-200mm Sigma Lens : 50-500mm Sigma APO DG EX lens : Pentax AF-500FTZ flash : Sigma EX 2x Teleconverter.
  • cwphotoscwphotos Registered Users Posts: 763 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2007
    Very nice second set man. I like the dude singing. He looks like his cat just died. :D I cant even tell you how jealous this makes me. Stop posting pics.... rolleyes1.gif
    ====My Gear=====
    Canon 5D Mk.2/Grip || Canon 7D Backup
    17-40 f/4L || 70-200 f/2.8L IS || 100mm f/2.8L Macro || 24-70mm f/2.8L
    Wedding Photographer
    www.cwphotos.net
  • zweiblumenzweiblumen Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2007
    Llywellyn - Thanks for looking. When we first got there they were on two separate benches, but moved to share paints. Just wish my battery hadn't died after that :( And to be honest I was fairly un-impressed with the Harajuku. Well, I think it was mostly how Holier-than-thou some of the girls were. It's a lot like the Balto/DC Goth crowd.

DRT-Maverick - It's a lot of fun. I wouldn't want to live here, but I think it's a great place to visit!

Dean - That man was wailing his heart out so hard. It was kinda sad watching him. But, maybe that was his idea of a good time? Who knows. And the secret about traveling is simply making it a priority. Set up a travel fund and let it build up over time. Before you know it, you can afford to go where you've set your goal for :ivar
    Travis