Options

New person!

thebiffusthebiffus Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
edited March 2, 2005 in Holy Macro
Hey guys

Im new to this so help me out. I'm just looking for a place to share my interest in photography and capturing life. I would love to meet some new people, so feel free to drop me a line and say hi. I have attached a photo I took a few years ago in my hometown. Have a great day!
TEL

~There are moments when one has to choose between living one's own life, fully, entirely, completely - or dragging out some false, shallow, degrading existence that the world in its hypocrisy demands.~

Comments

• Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 1, 2005
  • Options
    johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    thebiffus wrote:
    Hey guys

Im new to this so help me out. I'm just looking for a place to share my interest in photography and capturing life. I would love to meet some new people, so feel free to drop me a line and say hi. I have attached a photo I took a few years ago in my hometown. Have a great day!

Welcome to dgrin... If you're looking for a place to share photography, this is it... You will find a lot of useful help here and very little discouragment. GREAT PEOPLE here at dgrin. I know you will love it.thumb.gif

peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
    johno's gallery
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    Hi Bifuss!

thumb.gif

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    G'day Biff...that looks like the sky over my flat every summers afternoon. Good catch.

I will be moving out into the open next summer with some better gear to shoot this stuff but i ride a motorbike so i dont like the prospect of what happens 5 mins after the photorolleyes1.gif

Storm chasing on motorbike rules

1/ Keep helmet on
    2/ ref rule 1
  • Options
    dawsondawson Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    Welcome
    I don't think we are in Kansas anymore, Toto!

Nice shot!
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    :yikes That looks suspicously like a tornado to me. Maybe only a funnel cloud?

Dangerous stuff, excellent shot. What's the story behind it? ear.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2005
    Well, the story is that I came home from college that day for my birthday in April and I happened to be outside when this-- THING started forming. I just stood there with my camera and kept taking pictures. The entire event lasted maybe 2 minutes and then it was gone. There was no rain, no thunder, no lightning, just very quiet. You can tell the sun was out behind me because of the lighting of the shot. It was rotating counter-clockwise very slowly. I dont know if you can see but there was a man just to the left of the grey pickup in the parking lot by the house and he was just standing there shaking his head. That formation was just huge! Nothing ever came of it, it was gone as soon as it came. The news said it wasnt a funnel, but I dont think they saw this picture of it!!
    TEL

~There are moments when one has to choose between living one's own life, fully, entirely, completely - or dragging out some false, shallow, degrading existence that the world in its hypocrisy demands.~
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2005
    riding
    That sounds like it would be a blast!!! Think of me while riding in a storm, just avoid the hail!!!
    TEL

• Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    It looks like a super cell. That's the start, the tornadoes come down from it.

Nice Pic.
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited March 2, 2005
    Welcome aboard!

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited March 2, 2005
    Welcome to Dgrin, Biffus wave.gif

Man, if I saw a cloud like that I'd be too busy running, looking for cover, to take even one shot. Very nice capture thumb.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero