Options

Alcudia 07

HarrymacHarrymac Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
edited November 20, 2007 in Journeys
Ok this is my first post. I caught this image from our balcony whilst on holiday in Alcudia this year. The image is a sunset image using tunsten light setting on the camera. Any critisizm or advice is very welcome

P9124681.jpg

Comments

• Options
    colfraglesscolfragless Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2007
    I love the depth around the sun... and how soft it is everwhere else.... Great shot I dig it..... clap.gif ~Sparky~
    A Day where One can Spend all day doing something they Love is a wonderful day in deed... ~sparky~

Sparkyphotography.net
  • Options
    HarrymacHarrymac Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited November 20, 2007
    Thanks for the feedback. Here are some more from the same holiday

P9144873.jpg

P9165036.jpg

P9124665.jpg

P9175223.jpg

P9165050.jpg

Old Alcudia town
    P9175217.jpg

P9175189.jpg

P9175190.jpg

Alcudia church which is on the outskirts of Alcudia
    P9144893.jpg

P91448791-1.jpg

P9144886.jpg

P9144883.jpg

Whilst i was in the churchyard i was amazed at how much the spanish show their respect to passed relatives. I looked into this more and learned that the spanish would rather have the elderly in their own home rather than putting them into an elderly home and the eldest lady has the most respect within the family, more respect than the oldest man, as she is the one that has kept the family together and working as a family should so what ever she says....goes, and every other member of the family falls in line.

This is something that we in britain have lost as a tradition, i do believe that us british are far too work and money orientated, and we have lost alot of our family values.

Whilst i was in the church yard i stood and watched a man thoroughly cleaning and polishing an already clean headstone piece....... I am sure she was sadly missed!
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2007
    Harry,

That's a touching story from the graveyard! The town looks beautiful (and very clean) and very warm and colorful. I like the tungsten effect of the sunset quite a bit, seeing how it makes an ordinary sky look so menacing. :D
  • Options
    JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2007
    Portuguese are the same way. When immigrants die in Jersey or Brazil they fly the body back to the old country so that they are not alone. My wife's parents are still alive, but I know the whole issue of who tends the graves will be wierd, and someone has to tend the graves. It's not even a question.
    Cave ab homine unius libri