Options

Amsterdam this sunday afternoon

JeroenJeroen Registered Users Posts: 447 Major grins
edited November 21, 2007 in Journeys
It was a good day for a walk through the city today. Cold but sunny.

1 At the Vondelpark.

IMG_6507.jpg

2 This ia a great way to loose you bike aswell as your bag. If you ever come to Amsterdam and decide to go cycling, don't ever do as this lady does.

IMG_6508.jpg

3 I never noticed this finger before, but by the looks of it it must have been there for quite a while.

IMG_6509.jpg

4 Some more of the parc.
IMG_6514.jpg

5 Good company :lust

IMG_6515.jpg

6 Christmas is coming early this year.

IMG_6520.jpg

7 At the Max Eeuwe Square. Max Eeuwe was a famous chess player.

IMG_6524.jpg

8 We were discussing getting a new cat when we met this one. It wouldn't come with us.

IMG_6526.jpg

9 This is the ceiling of a passageway. My wife's new office is 1 meter above this ceiling.

IMG_6528.jpg

10 More Amsterdam.

IMG_6529.jpg

11 Oh great. I drew this pinguin earlier this year and now it is garbage in the street.

IMG_6533.jpg

Comments

• Options
    swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2007
    Great gentle colors. I particularly like the one with the bike, and the canal & boats.thumb.gif
  • Options
    leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2007
    Isn't it cool, all the bikes there, in Amsterdam? To watch a gentleman peddling away, with a lady riding on the handlebars...only in the movies, and Amsterdam. Bikes always have the unwritten right of away over motor vehicles.

I heard, from a patron at The Bulldog, while I was there once, that the gov't bought a mess of bikes after WWII (I was told 200,000 bikes) and just threw them to the streets, and said "ride". You just get on one, ride it to the next pub, or guest house, and there may, or may not, be one waiting for you when you come out.

And the canals...wow. Thanks for sharing your Amsterdam series. It brought back memories.
    Growing with Dgrin