Options

MA #2. No homeworks...

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited November 22, 2007 in Assignments
Sorry. I've got some career development and now its not so easy to find the time to prepare the next post of MA#2. But I'm still doing it! And, of course, I will continue this work.
But...

It's a pitty there are no homeworks during these last days...

I think I have minimum four explanations:

1) Not interesting
2) No time to do them
3) Too easy to participate in
4) Too hard to participate in

At the same time I see 10-30 viewings of our MA every day.

I will be glad to you for clearing the situation:

Could you be so kind as to put your choice here:

Why don't you participate in MA #2's homeworks?

Thank you in advance.
Yuri

Comments

• Options
    PexiPexi Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited November 22, 2007
    Hi Yuri,

I'm one of the lurkers - I've read your MA thread this week and admired your work, your rich descriptions and your professionalism in this assignment. And your beautiful portraits, of course! thumb.gif

I've also considered participating, but...

in short:
    2) No time to do them
    4) Too hard to participate in

longer version:
    I feel that if I start playing in this MA, I'm going to need a lot of time and I'm not so sure if I'm going to have enough of it. Time is a particular problem in this MA, as it requires time allocation of several people, me (da photographer trainee) and the model. I usually have time for my hobby on late evenings - which is a bit unfriendly time for model candidates, and for portraits :nah.

I also did participate to the latest MA, "Get the story", so I'm still wishing to get some real feedback from that, before engaging to this "harder one".

Anyway, your instructions and your guidance has inspired me so much that I'm looking forward to being able to participate sometime later - it'll be mid December (earliest) when my planned business trips are over.

/Pexi
    Life is pretty straight without motorcycling
  • Options
    evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2007

It's a pitty there are no homeworks during these last days...

I think I have minimum four explanations:

2) No time to do them

At the same time I see 10-30 viewings of our MA every day.

I will be glad to you for clearing the situation:

Could you be so kind as to put your choice here:

Why don't you participate in MA #2's homeworks?

Thank you in advance.
    Yuri

I personally have a huge interest in these homeworks.
    In reality I have taken pics but I told her I would show her the pics before anyone else and I used your pics among others to get inspiration. I would like to get critique on the images and then do another "real" shoot with her now that I know more what I want and now that she's a ton more comfortable from doing it. Her not knowing what it would be like prevented her from doing it in an outdoor public location the first go round, but she said it will not bother her again because I helped her keep it simple.
    MA 2.8 Part II. Shooting. 4. Model and Photographer.

Often people, when being placed in front of the camera, feel themselves rather embarrassed.
    She was afraid to take that first step until I said we could do it at a private location instead of a public park or street.

Hopefully by this weekend I will get a chance to show them to her. We were supposed to meet last week, but she got tied up. But they are coming!
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com