Options

I'm in love...

BridgeCityBridgeCity Registered Users Posts: 338 Major grins
edited March 3, 2005 in Landscapes
with my new lens! I went out on the town last night at about 11:00pm to try out the new lens with no flash. I actually got a few that I liked! Anyone else agree / have comments?
16785006-L.jpg

16785005-L.jpg

16785004-L.jpg

16785002-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 2, 2005
    I would put a spacer between shots.

#1: love the mood of the picture. would consider cropping out lights at bottom.
    #2: not a favorite. too many flowers in the shot OOF, IMHO
    #3: I love this. thumb.gif
    #4: not sure.

BridgeCity wrote:
    with my new lens! I went out on the town last night at about 11:00pm to try out the new lens with no flash. I actually got a few that I liked! Anyone else agree / have comments?
    16785006-L.jpg

16785005-L.jpg

16785004-L.jpg

16785002-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2005
    Thank Angelo for your comments! You seem to always have something to say about my shots, and for that I am greatful. I enjoy the contract in lighting on the first shot but I think the lights are a bit too bright headscratch.gif The main thing I like about the 4th shot is that it was taken without a flash, and it seems to be rich in lighting ne_nau.gif

I added the spacers, didn't notice that before. Thanks again Angelo
  • Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2005
    The mood of #1 is fantastic.

I like lines and symetry, so number 4 appeals to me as well. I would of like it better however, if the benches and the front of the picture were sharper. There seems to be maybe a bit of back focus?

Nice shots. Keep on having fun with the new lens.
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2005
    I think I shot that wide open (f/1.4) so that would explain the lack of focus on the foreground. I'm learning :D

Khaos wrote:
    The mood of #1 is fantastic.

I like lines and symetry, so number 4 appeals to me as well. I would of like it better however, if the benches and the front of the picture were sharper. There seems to be maybe a bit of back focus?

Nice shots. Keep on having fun with the new lens.
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 2, 2005
    BridgeCity wrote:
    ... You seem to always have something to say about my shots...
    I was afraid that would be followed by... "...you loud mouth" :):

I like the color and lighting of #4 as well but not the composition. I might have moved the garbage cans away, moved more to the right and used the benches as a "ruler" aiming my shot along their seat edges or through the black iron arms.

ehhh, what do I know? rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    Michael AllenMichael Allen Registered Users Posts: 196 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2005
    thumb.gifto #3 and #4 in 4 I think I would have brought the corner of the bench to the edge but thats just me. I really like the third, the symmetry and colors just seem to grab my eye in a good way.
    -Mike
  • Options
    ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2005
    I really like #3, the lines really draw your eyes into the picture. Great Jobthumb.gif
  • Options
    DVDRDVDR Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2005
    Loved the wharehouse and the bridge. I would have cropped off the lights in the wharehouse pic though. The bridge shot is great.