Options

Lens repair?

davidweaverdavidweaver Registered Users Posts: 681 Major grins
edited November 27, 2007 in Accessories
I have a 10.5dx nikkor that is injured. The glass has a small ding in it half way between center and the top right corner. I can't use it. Anyone have any experience getting repairs made to the front optics on a lens? :scratch

Comments

• Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2007
    I have a 10.5dx nikkor that is injured. The glass has a small ding in it half way between center and the top right corner. I can't use it. Anyone have any experience getting repairs made to the front optics on a lens? headscratch.gif

Did you call Nikon and ask what the price might be?

If you send it to Nikon, they will give you an estimate prior to any repair. This one may not actually be worth repairing.

I just had Nikon fix my 70-200mm VR lens. All they said was "major repair" and charged me $540.eek7.gif
  • Options
    edited May 9, 2007
    Mitchell wrote:
    Did you call Nikon and ask what the price might be?

If you send it to Nikon, they will give you an estimate prior to any repair. This one may not actually be worth repairing.

I just had Nikon fix my 70-200mm VR lens. All they said was "major repair" and charged me $540.eek7.gif

I'm concerned it is a major repair too. It also got a lot of fine dust in it last time I shot in the Antelope Canyons and Canyon X. I should just box it up and send it off to see how much it costs. I really don't have a spare 600 bucks to get a new one right now.
  • Options
    edited November 26, 2007
    FYI: It cost me a total of $254 bucks in October 07. ther lens works great and I baby it more than I used to treat it. The lens is $600 new at B&H so I consider it money well spent.
  • Options
    SCS_PhotoSCS_Photo Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    I have a 10.5dx nikkor that is injured. The glass has a small ding in it half way between center and the top right corner. I can't use it. Anyone have any experience getting repairs made to the front optics on a lens? headscratch.gif

photoethnography.com has a good listing of independent lense fixers, and reviews for quite a few ones. Gotta dig a little though.