Options

Some pics from a recent wedding

cwphotoscwphotos Registered Users Posts: 763 Major grins
edited November 29, 2007 in Weddings
I second shot for a friend at a recent wedding in Chicago. Here are some highlights.

226008445-M.jpg

226009946-M.jpg

226010193-M.jpg

226347601-M.jpg
====My Gear=====
Canon 5D Mk.2/Grip || Canon 7D Backup
17-40 f/4L || 70-200 f/2.8L IS || 100mm f/2.8L Macro || 24-70mm f/2.8L
Wedding Photographer
www.cwphotos.net

Comments

• Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2007
    I do love me some Chicago!

That first shot doesn't look so much like a wedding to me... more like the line of bodyguards you'd see after the head mafia dude dismissed you from a private "meeting" in his office and you know you're going to make a quick acquaintance with the trunk of his car. eek7.gif

I really like the last two, however. They're warm and catch the details of a happy, busy day. I want to see more!
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2007
    Fantastic work, I check your site regularly for inspiration. Your images always feel modern yet vintage feeling and your creative seeing during the hecticness of the day always amazes me.

Love the shadows shot, great way to use hard sunlight.

Also love the soles of the shoes. Did you loosely set that up or just react to what was happening?
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    edited November 29, 2007
    Actually one of the groomsmen was like "hey we should all fit on the bed" so I told all 8 of them to get on there. I saw this before everyone started moving and grabbed it. :D

Oh and by the way I think its cool you check out my site. Didnt think I had any stalkers. Laughing.gif :-D
    ====My Gear=====
    Wedding Photographer
    www.cwphotos.net
  • Options
    nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2007
    schmoo wrote:
    I do love me some Chicago!

That first shot doesn't look so much like a wedding to me... more like the line of bodyguards you'd see after the head mafia dude dismissed you from a private "meeting" in his office and you know you're going to make a quick acquaintance with the trunk of his car. eek7.gif

I really like the last two, however. They're warm and catch the details of a happy, busy day. I want to see more!

I thought the shot was different but schmoos description was the best!!!

These are a great couple of shots. I need to get myself some second shooter jobs!
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Options
    gregneilgregneil Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2007
    These are great! Really creative. I especially like 3 and 4. The ferris wheel providing the backlight is really cool. On that one I only wish the angle were such so I could see the outline of her head better, so it was as well defined as his. But even so, it's certainly a winner!
    There's a thin line between genius and stupid.
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2007
    Great idea on that first shot. Really brilliant. The other shots are nice too-- that first one just really grabs me. Hotel hallways can be kind of challenging to come up with something fresh, but you did it here for sure. thumb.gif

EDIT: quick question Dean-- just checked out your website and I'm wondering how you were able to link your blog so the url shows "blog.cwphotos.net" yet the actual url is a wordpress address? Just curious because I'd like to try something similar on my own website and I already have a wordpress blog.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    edited November 29, 2007
    Sure thing. I just made a subdomain at my host and set it to forward to my wordpress blog. I use 1and1 to host so Im not sure how to do it anywhere else. Hope that helps a little bit. thumb.gif
    ====My Gear=====
    Wedding Photographer
    www.cwphotos.net
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2007
    cwphotos wrote:
    Sure thing. I just made a subdomain at my host and set it to forward to my wordpress blog. I use 1and1 to host so Im not sure how to do it anywhere else. Hope that helps a little bit. thumb.gif

Ahhh... makes sense. Thank you.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+