Options

Another pricing question...

Lou GonzalezLou Gonzalez Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
edited December 5, 2007 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I can't figure this out. I'm sure I'm just missing something obvious.

I had portfolio pricing setup for the last 3 years. All was fine. I just did a 25% markdown on all my items and generated some sales. The sale is now over and I'm trying figure out how to get back to my original portfolio pricing. How do I do that?

I figured there would be an easy way to get back to my portfolio pricing but I couldn't figure out how. I see you can use a previously priced gallery but right now I'm not doing per gallery pricing. So I had to re enter all of my original pricing again at the portfolio level. A real pain.

So how do I markdown by a %, and then quickly get back to my original portfolio pricing? Is there a way to save my portfolio prices as quicksetting and my 25% off pricing as its own quicketting?

Preferably I'd like to have a pull down option that has my custom deafult pricing (portfoli0) and a 25% off pricing. And I want to move between them quickly if need be. Is it possible?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    DnaDna Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2007
    Markdown by 25%, markup by 133% to get back to original price.

(Maths: 100 x 0.75 = 75
    75 x (1/0.75) = 75 x 1.33 = 100)

hope that helps

Andrew
  • Options
    edited December 3, 2007
    It does!
    Dna wrote:
    Markdown by 25%, markup by 133% to get back to original price.

(Maths: 100 x 0.75 = 75
    75 x (1/0.75) = 75 x 1.33 = 100)

hope that helps

Andrew

I wish there was a better way but that will have to do. Thanks! Wish there was a quick setting for pricing... maybe add that to the enhancement list, if it's not already on there.
  • Options
    studio12cstudio12c Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited December 3, 2007
    Pricing
    I wish there was a better way but that will have to do. Thanks! Wish there was a quick setting for pricing... maybe add that to the enhancement list, if it's not already on there.

I just noticed something on my site. At the bottom of the front page a line states Powered by Smugmug. When you click on Smugmug it kicks back to the Smugmug home page. On the home page is the menu selection for Pro Zone. When you click on Pro Zone it takes you to a page outlining the benifits and costing for a year. Also on the Pro Zone page is an example of pricing. The pricing for a 5 X 7 is .99 cents. Does this not indicate to your customers that you are charging 3000 % markup. How do you explain this to your customers???????????????
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2007
    I just noticed something on my site. At the bottom of the front page a line states Powered by Smugmug. When you click on Smugmug it kicks back to the Smugmug home page. On the home page is the menu selection for Pro Zone. When you click on Pro Zone it takes you to a page outlining the benifits and costing for a year. Also on the Pro Zone page is an example of pricing. The pricing for a 5 X 7 is .99 cents. Does this not indicate to your customers that you are charging 3000 % markup. How do you explain this to your customers???????????????

Yeah I still wish the smugmug link at the bottom was something we could get rid. Especially for Pros. Maybe someday.

In 4 years I've never been challenged on the prices of my prints. Not to say that it may never happen. But I believe people are knowledable enough to realize the photo is more than the paper its on.

If I were to submit an image of a white wall and an image of a bridal portrait on my gallery and order a print of each, they'd both cost the same in the shopping cart. But which has more value? Of course the bridal portrait. And there's your justification.

And of course there's other factors too, value of expertise of photographer, the quality of the image, hosting fees for the web site, post processing time, etc. You can't just look at the cost of print. You have to figure in everything that went into it. Hope that helps.