Options

GetInfo and ChangeSettings issue after Upload

mouellettemouellette Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
I have created a feed that automatically uploads any photos added to our RallyNorth.net site to automatically go to out smugmug site Photos.RallyNorth.net. This has been working fine for the past, until Saturday 12/1/2007.

Basically the issue was that I could not run smugmug.images.GetInfo or smugmug.images.ChangeSettings, immediately after uploading a file. I would have to wait between 15 and 30 seconds before the request would succeed.

I would basically upload a photo using the suggested binary method with a call to ''curl''.
I would then run the smugmug.images.GetInfo on the returned ImageID so that I could get the ''md5sum'' for the image. When I made the call immediately after the upload I got the following error:
<rsp stat='fail'>
  <err msg='system error (invalid image id)' code='5'/>
</rsp>

If it helps here is the imageid of one of the images that had this issue ''227691349''.

I came up with a work around by just checking GetInfo every 10 seconds for up to 100 seconds. I just thought you would want to know, as it might affect others uploading and validating information uploaded.

Comments

• Options
    talapustalapus Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited December 4, 2007
    mouellette wrote:
    I have created a feed that automatically uploads any photos added to our RallyNorth.net site to automatically go to out smugmug site Photos.RallyNorth.net. This has been working fine for the past, until Saturday 12/1/2007.

Basically the issue was that I could not run smugmug.images.GetInfo or smugmug.images.ChangeSettings, immediately after uploading a file. I would have to wait between 15 and 30 seconds before the request would succeed.

I would basically upload a photo using the suggested binary method with a call to ''curl''.
    I would then run the smugmug.images.GetInfo on the returned ImageID so that I could get the ''md5sum'' for the image. When I made the call immediately after the upload I got the following error:
    <rsp stat='fail'>
      <err msg='system error (invalid image id)' code='5'/>
    </rsp>

If it helps here is the imageid of one of the images that had this issue ''227691349''.

I came up with a work around by just checking GetInfo every 10 seconds for up to 100 seconds. I just thought you would want to know, as it might affect others uploading and validating information uploaded.

Yep --- that's what my code is doing as well (only waiting about 1s, since it usually shows up in about 5-6s for me).

I would be happy if LastUpdated were returned from Create, if not MD5...