Options

*SOLD* canon 85mm f/1.8

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited March 4, 2005 in Flea Market
this is an ef lens, super sharp, excellent for low light! the lens is 2 months old, and comes with end cap, lens cap, manual and box. the lens is in perfect, like new in box, condition.

sale price is $310 includes shipping and paypal fees.

buy with confidence: i have a perfect record here on dgrin, and on ebay as andy99999andy.

lens is sold. thank you.

Comments

• Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2005
    Just sold your 16-35 and now the 85/1.8...is the 1Ds next? Are you going to sell all and get the Nikon D2X?

I know I know....not bloody likely.... :D
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2005
    lens is sold.

Thank you.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2005
    One hour and 15 minutes. Not bad. Andy has cool glass.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited March 1, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    One hour and 15 minutes. Not bad. Andy has cool glass.
    And I bet is wasn't "like new", I bet it was "almost never used"......lol 85mm is supertelephoto to Andy :giggle

A sweet lens, though. You're gonna miss it Andy rolleyes1.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2005
    And I bet is wasn't "like new", I bet it was "almost never used"......lol 85mm is supertelephoto to Andy :giggle

A sweet lens, though. You're gonna miss it Andy rolleyes1.gif

Steve

new lineup:

24-70 f/2.8
    35 f/1.4
    50 f/1.4
    70-200 f/2.8L

and now researching an 18mm ziess distagon :yikes
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2005
    Since stuff you sell goes so fast, can I send you a deposit on your 1DsII just "in case" you sell and I am not online at the time? :D
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2005
    andy wrote:
    new lineup:

24-70 f/2.8
    35 f/1.4
    50 f/1.4
    70-200 f/2.8L

and now researching an 18mm ziess distagon :yikes

ooops - forgot, i have the 100mm macro, and i'm looking forward to using, or selling, that lens this spring! lol3.gif

btw - old man behret keeps talking about something - long lenses? headscratch.gif do you mean they make longer focal lengths than my 70-200? lol3.gif
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    andy wrote:
    ooops - forgot, i have the 100mm macro, and i'm looking forward to using, or selling, that lens this spring! lol3.gif

btw - old man behret keeps talking about something - long lenses? headscratch.gif do you mean they make longer focal lengths than my 70-200? lol3.gif
    I've been wondering if you were ever going to go above 200mm. Don't some landscape shots profit from a long lens? And aren't you planning to use your 18mm for landscapes? Quod erat moneygo lensa buya, as the Romans said.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2005
    Andy would have a tough day shooting with me. A 200mm is normal, and a 400mm is starting to get reach. I use the 85mm as a fisheye. :D
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    I've been wondering if you were ever going to go above 200mm. Don't some landscape shots profit from a long lens? And aren't you planning to use your 18mm for landscapes? Quod erat moneygo lensa buya, as the Romans said.

for sure, yes, waxy. i've seen some really nice stuff shot with 300, 400mm lenses - you get a really neat "compressed" look for the landscape.

maybe i'll start small and (re)buy the 1.4tc from canon, and bring it along to yosemite :D

yes, i'm investigating the zeiss distagon 18mm (and 21mm) for landscapes. new contender would be to (re)buy the 15mm fisheye from canon and get panotools from ptlens to defish. i've seen some good really good results with that lens on a ff, too. but the defishing part bugs me somewhat, i'm not into *that* much post work. we'll see.
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2005
    luckyrwe wrote:
    Andy would have a tough day shooting with me. A 200mm is normal, and a 400mm is starting to get reach. I use the 85mm as a fisheye. :D

lol3.giflol3.gif
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2005
    Andy, I just posted two landscapes, kind of night shots. With your lenses, you couldn't have taken either one of them.

One is wider and one is longer.

g
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2005
    100mm macro
    andy wrote:
    Andy,

let me know if you want to sell the lens in due time and at what price, I'm definitely interested.

Cheers
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl