Options

Honest critiques wanted

mochabeanmochabean Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
edited December 5, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
Please let me know what you think of this photo...in terms of critiques. http://wendyclaire.smugmug.com/photos/222158268-L-1.jpg
wendyclaire.smugmug.com

"Of all the senses, sight must be the most delightful." Helen Keller

Comments

• Options
    BriggieBriggie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2007
    i really like the colour and mood. the only thing that bugs me is how tight the crop is over the trees. i'd like to see just a little more sky...IMHO...

very nice shot! would look great framed, i think!! thumb.gif
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..."

My Smug Gallery
  • Options
    leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2007
    I can feel a 'sweeping' across the landscape.
    Growing with Dgrin

• Options
    edited November 30, 2007
    you are so right
    Briggie wrote:
    i really like the colour and mood. the only thing that bugs me is how tight the crop is over the trees. i'd like to see just a little more sky...IMHO...

I had two pics to choose from and my other photo (http://wendyclaire.smugmug.com/photos/222158174-L-1.jpg) I focused more on the field of fog. What I remember of this foggy morning was the brilliance of the sunrise and the dream state across the landscape. I wished I had experimented with different settings. Thanks for your comments.
    wendyclaire.smugmug.com

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2007
    Briggie wrote:

Same for me also. Great photo though all the same.
  • Options
    ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2007
    Its a nice pic..beautiful environment..But the composition is a bit off for me.. The trees are missing the top and on the other one the background is a bit wierd. If you had put some time when you took these pics they would have turned out great..Cause everything else about em are!

Im just being honest now ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2, 2007
    Suggestions
    Arvan wrote:
    Its a nice pic..beautiful environment..But the composition is a bit off for me.. The trees are missing the top and on the other one the background is a bit wierd. If you had put some time when you took these pics they would have turned out great..Cause everything else about em are!

Im just being honest now ne_nau.gif
    Thank you! I really appreciate the comments. I am very new to photography so any 'honesty' is greatly appreciated!
    wendyclaire.smugmug.com

• Options
    edited December 2, 2007
    mochabean wrote:
    Thank you! I really appreciate the comments. I am very new to photography so any 'honesty' is greatly appreciated!

Im allso kinda new..with taking serious photos. I love honest coments..Its just the best! and it is THE best way to advance in your photagraphy..Just hit the field again and photo the hell out of it ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2, 2007
    mochabean wrote:

Im allso kinda new..with taking serious photos. I love honest coments..Its just the best! and it is THE best way to advance in your photagraphy..Just hit the field again and photo the hell out of it ;)
  • Options
    ShanerShaner Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited December 2, 2007
    I like it. It kind of looks like a painting. A lot of mood in the color
  • Options
    banjonbanjon Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited December 2, 2007
    Very nice atmosphere. The fog really works. :)
  • Options
    darkdragondarkdragon Registered Users Posts: 1,051 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2007
    mochabean wrote:
    Please let me know what you think of this photo...in terms of critiques. http://wendyclaire.smugmug.com/photos/222158268-L-1.jpg

I agree with most others here. A bit more at the top would have kicked it up a notch. I don't think anything would be missing having cut off a bit of the bottom foreground, but leaving the tops of the trees and little sky above them would have taken the shot from "good" to "great" (IMHO)

For me (or at least on the screen I'm viewing on) it seems a little too dark also. However, that is something that changes depending on the computer monitor a person is seeing it on.
    ~ Lisa
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2007
    Thanks sooooomuch
    Shaner wrote:
    I like it. It kind of looks like a painting. A lot of mood in the color
    I'll be in the field again for sure. The only way to learn is to stick your neck out and ask for advice, learn from others and try again! Thanks!
    wendyclaire.smugmug.com