Options

Photo Details

gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
edited March 4, 2005 in SmugMug Support
For some reason the exif data is not showing in smugmug and I can't figure out why. I have the correct settings for the gallery and earlier details are showing. I'm doing "save as" in PS CS (as I've always done) . :dunno What have I done??

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2005
    Your EXIF priviledges have been revoked:-)
    Mine are still there, but I don't know for how long..:-)

Cheers!1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2005
    gubbs wrote:
    For some reason the exif data is not showing in smugmug and I can't figure out why. I have the correct settings for the gallery and earlier details are showing. I'm doing "save as" in PS CS (as I've always done) . ne_nau.gif What have I done??
    If you use the "save for web" function it will cut off all the EXIF information. If you use "save as" it will retain the EXIF.

FYI (in case you don't know) if you put in the keywords in the photoshop metadata editor (alt-ctrl-i) they will show up in the keywords in smugmug. Also, the description you put in the same place in photoshop will show up as the description.

Fancy.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2005
    Mike Lane wrote:
    If you use the "save for web" function it will cut off all the EXIF information. If you use "save as" it will retain the EXIF.

FYI (in case you don't know) if you put in the keywords in the photoshop metadata editor (alt-ctrl-i) they will show up in the keywords in smugmug. Also, the description you put in the same place in photoshop will show up as the description.

Fancy.
    Thanks Mike, but I'm not using the "save for web" function I'm using "save" for the psd and then "save as" for the jpg to upload.
  • Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2005
    Can you click the "View EXIF info" or whatever link? If so, does it just turn up empty?

Maybe you can give us an example.

Dave
  • Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2005
    I went to your gallery and it was showing for me.Are these on new images that you have uploaded? If so,then have you changed your work flow.
    Can you see the exif on your images prior to upload?
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2005
    Sorry I'm not being very specific. Have a look a this gallery The "more photo details" link shows up on photos up to the B52's shot on page 5, from then on nothing ne_nau.gif
    I reinstalled PS around that time so I'm not sure if I've done something or it's a problem with smugmug (I strongly suspect its me :D). If I look at the image locally through ps all of the metadata is listed against the jpg file that I uploaded

Thanks for the help! thumb.gif
  • Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2005
    gubbs wrote:
    Sorry I'm not being very specific. Have a look a this gallery The "more photo details" link shows up on photos up to the B52's shot on page 5, from then on nothing ne_nau.gif
    I reinstalled PS around that time so I'm not sure if I've done something or it's a problem with smugmug (I strongly suspect its me :D). If I look at the image locally through ps all of the metadata is listed against the jpg file that I uploaded

This is very strange. I honestly have no clue as to what is going on there. My guess would be either PS, new uploader(?), or bug in Smugmug.

Hopefully one of the Smugmug crew jumps in on this.

Dave
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2005
    I dont think its a bug in smugmug.I have had this happen to me.I narrowed it down to the sw(EOSviewer utility) I was using. When converting raw files to 16 bit,I would loose the exif when uploaded to smugmug.Changed to 8 bit and all was fine. Took me a while to locate that problem and it was driving me nuts:D (Like Im not already)
    Wish I could help with your problem.
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2005
    I convert straight to 8 bit exactly as I've always done...I'm sure it'll be something stupid that I just can't see! headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2005
    Anyone else got any ideas, I'm still stuck! :cry
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2005
    gubbs wrote:

Mine did that, and so did others, when we switched to RAW. I didn't care that much, it was not the hugest thing in my life, but I did mention it on dgrin.

That is when someone told me the same thing happened to him, and I needed to upload such and such, an update I think. He said he did that and it worked after that. I finally did that and my exif data has been showing up ever since.

Since someone told me, someone here knows............. Mine was a relatively new PS CS, so I was doubtful, but it needed that update.

The problem in telling you what it was is that he said click here and download what comes up. I did that, I am just sure it was an update, but not positive.

Anyway, it has happened to others.

ginger (ask pathfinder, davidto, dkapp..........i am just guessing about names, it was someone like that.........)
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2005
    Het Gubbs,Ginger may be on to something.You said you reinstalled PS,did you also installed the latest raw plugin udates?
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2005
    MHJS wrote:
    Het Gubbs,Ginger may be on to something.You said you reinstalled PS,did you also installed the latest raw plugin udates?
    No but I wil,

Thanks, you too ginge thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2005
    Just downloaded and reinstalled the same raw plug in and
    :cheerHey Presto it works again !!:cheer

Thanks ginge and MHJS, that was really beggining to bug me.
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2005
    Thats great Gubbsclap.gif
    I know how things like that can bug ya.