Options

Coon's Bluff - AZ

a-baird-photographa-baird-photograph Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
edited December 17, 2007 in Journeys
My boy wanted to go camping for his birthday last week, but it got rained out! His only request was camping, freeze dried spagetti, hot chocolate, and smores. Where we went didn't matter so much. So Coons Bluff it was. Close to town and I hoped that the cold would keep most of the party kids home, which it mostly did.

Here, Keenan and I hoofed it up Coons Bluff over looking the camp site below with the Superstition Mountains in the background. We come here to rock climb and rappel. Keenan is quite the monkey and has made it 75 of 102 feet up the bluff. We hiked up this time.

Getting ready for a great night.
233081048-M.jpg

I'm sorry to say that I stayed up most of the night to watch the incredible meteor shower (big stars shooting most of the night) but had forgot to read up on how to take pictures of the stars. Thought I would have had a keeper in the LPS Millisecond contest. Dang! Needless to say, we woke up to a perfect view of the Salt River running, sun shining nearly perfect, and 25 degrees. Our water was frozen as were the egg beaters. So off to Denny's we went for the Grand Slam and Heartland Scrambles. Great memories, precious time, okay food.

233081997-M.jpg
Body: Canon XTi
Glass: 85mm f1.8, 50mm f1.8, 18-55mm f3.5-5.6, 70-300mm f4.0-5.6, Sigma 10-22mm f4-5.6

Comments

• Options
    Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2007
    Brings back memories of camping with my boy. Those memories (and my son) are close to 40 years old now. Thanks for refreshing them.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)