Lightroom Export Plugin for SmugMug

Comments

• RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2007
    I like this - so far no problems at all.

Would it be possible to allow the categories -subcategories -galleries selection drop-down to be presented in alphabetical order?

Also, instead of having one large list showing all the cateogies - subcategories -galleries it would be nice to have a tiered drop-down menu to make the gallery selection easier.
  • cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2007
    I too am getting the error message:
    An internal error has occurred: Win32 API error (unknown error — FormatMessageW failed) when calling HttpSendRequest from private_AgHttpClient_post_L

In addition, it will only upload one photo, all others fail, I guess related to this message. Oddly enough, I can do one photo uploads, and they succeed, though I still get the error
  • BrianLoweBrianLowe Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited November 29, 2007
    cmason wrote:
    I too am getting the error message:

In addition, it will only upload one photo, all others fail, I guess related to this message. Oddly enough, I can do one photo uploads, and they succeed, though I still get the error
    Are you using the current build 20071127.12? If not you can get it here

http://regex.info/blog/photo-tech/lightroom-smugmug/

Once you get this build installed go to the "debug option" and enable HTTP error trapping, that should get rid of that error and you should be able to upload without any issues.

Brian

• KEDKED Registered Users Posts: 843 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2007
    pemmett wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif This is brilliant
    I just installed the plug-in (Mac), can see it in Finder, but when I try to export within LR I don't get the Smugmug option. I posted this on his blog but wondered if anyone here knew what the problem was??
    edited November 30, 2007
    BrianLowe wrote:
    Are you using the current build 20071127.12? If not you can get it here

http://regex.info/blog/photo-tech/lightroom-smugmug/

Once you get this build installed go to the "debug option" and enable HTTP error trapping, that should get rid of that error and you should be able to upload without any issues.

Brian

Had the latest build. When I enable error trapping, I get a warning, but the uploads seem to succeed. Oddly the first photo appears quickly on Smugmug, but others seem to take a very long time to appear ne_nau.gif.
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2007
    clap.gif :ivar wings.gif :davidto

I love this thing. thumb.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • MichaelKirkMichaelKirk Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2007
    Where do the uploaded files go?
    Call me slow, but I do not see anywhere on the upload screen where to direct the images to go? I uploaded a few images and have no idea where they went. I am also getting the same error as reported. Tried uploading 1 photo and received the error message, tried afaig with 4 images....same error message.

So 1st - where do the images go and 2nd any fixes on the error message being reported?

Plug-in installed here:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Michael Kirk\Application Data\Adobe\Lightroom\Modules\smugmug-jfriedl.lrplugin

and just to make sure I did it right, I moved the zipped folder into the Lightroom Modules folder and then unzipped the folder. I have 15 .lua files installed.

Michael
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2007
    Call me slow, but I do not see anywhere on the upload screen where to direct the images to go?
    It's up to you - you choose the gallery. You probably have to just scroll down some in the plugin window :D
    edited December 4, 2007
    Still having a problem
    uhhh, I guess I forgot to scroll down to find the additional options - duh! mwink.gif

Problem is I am getting the error lots of people are reporting - No matter the number of images I select to upload to a SM gallery only the first image will make it into the gallery - the rest do not.

Thoughts or is there a fix for this?

I just installed the Flicker Uploader and it works Perfectly!

Michael

Andy wrote:
    It's up to you - you choose the gallery. You probably have to just scroll down some in the plugin window :D
    edited December 4, 2007
    Michael: go back and check the gallery. I thought only one photo was loading, and indeed, if you go check the gallery immediately after uploading, you only see one image. For some reason, when using this uploader, the first photo is loaded immediately (it seems), and others take a very long time to appear. Another odd thing about this method is that my galleries don't have the 'rendering image' placeholder: I get nothing, until the photo shows. All other methods of uploading (Drag and drop, S*E), seem to have these placeholder images more often.

Another odd thing is my upload log. If I look at that after an S*E session, I get a list of photos that are in queue. But with this LR plugin, I get nothing. If I refresh the log, complete photos will show up as completed, but nothing shows as in queue.

Be patient and reload your gallery.see if that works for you.
    edited December 4, 2007
    No such luck
    15 minutes after upload and still only the first image is showing up - I tried three different upload attempts and only see the first image of each attempt.

Michael

cmason wrote:
    Michael: go back and check the gallery. I thought only one photo was loading, and indeed, if you go check the gallery immediately after uploading, you only see one image. For some reason, when using this uploader, the first photo is loaded immediately (it seems), and others take a very long time to appear. Another odd thing about this method is that my galleries don't have the 'rendering image' placeholder: I get nothing, until the photo shows. All other methods of uploading (Drag and drop, S*E), seem to have these placeholder images more often.

Another odd thing is my upload log. If I look at that after an S*E session, I get a list of photos that are in queue. But with this LR plugin, I get nothing. If I refresh the log, complete photos will show up as completed, but nothing shows as in queue.

Be patient and reload your gallery.see if that works for you.
    edited December 4, 2007
    15 minutes after upload and still only the first image is showing up - I tried three different upload attempts and only see the first image of each attempt.

Michael

Did you check the box called 'Enable HTTP error trapping"...as mentioned on this thread? it is at the bottom of the configure screen.
    edited December 4, 2007
    Got it! - But (isn't there always a but)
    Miss that when reading thru the thread - my bad!
    Just like the error fix states - When I upload I get 99% uploaded and usually one random image in the middle of the upload will not make it to SM ne_nau.gif

I think for now I'll have to stick with the old drag and drop until this bug get corrected. If I upload images to my gallery, I want to be certain that all images make it there and not all but 1,3,10, etc as I am often sending a 1000+ images for on e event.

Thanks!
    Michael

cmason wrote:
    Did you check the box called 'Enable HTTP error trapping"...as mentioned on this thread? it is at the bottom of the configure screen.
  • djspinner2kdjspinner2k Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2007
    awesome plugin:Diloveyou.gif
    EVGENY:D
    www.petrovphotography.com
    http://petrovphotography.smugmug.com

Canon 30D
    Canon 24-70mm F2.8L
    Canon 70-200mm F2.8L
    Canon 430EX Flash
  • rla1022rla1022 Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited December 18, 2007
    Quick Question about uploads
    I just found this and downloaded this awesome plugin.
    When you upload a file does it export it first with the settings applied in lightroom? I have tried a few and it looks like it isnt but i maynot be making enough changes. Also how does the uploader / smugmug handle stacks and copies.
    edited December 18, 2007
    should be
    The plug in should export your LR files with all you changes made. Easy way to tell is just edit a file with some extreme changes and export.

Michael

rla1022 wrote:
    I just found this and downloaded this awesome plugin.
    When you upload a file does it export it first with the settings applied in lightroom? I have tried a few and it looks like it isnt but i maynot be making enough changes. Also how does the uploader / smugmug handle stacks and copies.
  • Ian SpencerIan Spencer Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited December 27, 2007
    It would be great if there was some way of syncronising changes in lightroom to smugmug or at least being able to see what images are uploaded in Lightroom and if they are out of sync by date. I am sure this would be difficult but to be able to work in lightroom and be able to easily know what is on Smugmug and where you uploaded it to would be a killer.
  • DrDavidDrDavid Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2007
    I have a LOT of galleries (mostly archive folders, but, it totals a few hundred galleries altogether). Lightroom exporter shows only the first 50 or so of the galleries, and that's it. It never shows ALL the galleries. I've worked about it be renaming "Archives" as "Zzzzz" to put it at the end of the list, but, still it's a bug IMHO.

Thanks!

David
  • RaphyRaphy Registered Users Posts: 431 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2008
    Hey guys... i gotta say that this is an awsome plugin. However, i do get one issue that seems to be consistant. Keep in mind, i haven't clicked the "enable http...etc" so i will try that next time.

Here's what happens:

I upload 10 photos from LIghtroom to Smugmug gallery A. I later upload 5 of the same 10 photos to gallery B... what seems to happen is that instead of adding the same photos to gallery B, it seems the photos just get transferred over by themselves... so now i have 5 photos in gallery A and 5 photos in gallery B...instead of 10 in gallery A and and 5 in gallery B headscratch.gif

Not sure if this is a lightroom issue, uploader issue or smugmug issue ne_nau.gif

Anyone else having the same problem ?eek7.gif
    edited February 8, 2008
    This seems to be temporarily affected by our changes from last night. Stay tuned....
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited February 8, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    This seems to be temporarily affected by our changes from last night. Stay tuned....
    I have written my own patch to fix the changes related to last night's changes.

You can download it here, unzip and just replace this file with the one that is already on your system.

I have contacted Jeffrey with the details, so hopefully he will release an official patch shortly.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
    edited February 8, 2008
    devbobo wrote:

You can download it here, unzip and just replace this file with the one that is already on your system.

I have contacted Jeffery with the details, so hopefully he will release an official patch shortly.

Cheers,

David
    clap.gifclap.gif
  • wellmanwellman Registered Users Posts: 961 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2008
    devbobo wrote:

I have contacted Jeffrey with the details, so hopefully he will release an official patch shortly.

Cheers,

David

Now that's service. :D
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited February 8, 2008
    Jeffrey has released a new version based on the changes I sent him.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • pwcpwc Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited February 10, 2008
    This is awesome!! thanks!clap.gif
  • RaphyRaphy Registered Users Posts: 431 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2008
    devbobo wrote:
    Jeffrey has released a new version based on the changes I sent him.

Sweet ! I have to update ... I haven't been able to select any of my gallaries when uploading :cry ...it simply says "your have no galleries on you smugmug account" eek7.gif

EDIT: Downloaded update - everything works great now ! thanks ! clap.gif
  • sunxsweetsunxsweet Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2008
    I just got tihs plugin going. But for some reason it's only exporting the original regardless if i use the 'original' or 'jpeg' dropdown item. How do I get it to export with adjustments I made with the Lightroom develop tools (ie - white balance, crop)? Is this a limitation? I tried searching and didn't find anything.
    edited March 4, 2008
    Well.... the adjustments all seems to be uploading now. But the upload stability seems to be a bit flaky. I tried to upload a handful of images last night and i felt like whether or not they would all load was hit or miss.

Are other people experiencing this? Could it possibly be the All, Refresh, New options that are screwing me up? How does the plugin keep track of what's been loaded before?

Also, what tag is smugmug reading for capture time? I had two photos that were taken with the camera accidentally set for 2007. I adjusted the capture time in lightroom to 2008. But smugmug for some reason is still recognizing it as 2007.
    edited March 5, 2008
    bump?

i tried this again last night and i was still getting inconsistent results.

plus it probably doesn't help that after i upload and it takes me to the gallery, it takes quite some time for the images to show up in the gallery. should that delay be expected?
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2008
    sunxsweet,

I had this problem last night, but I think it's LR, not the plug-in. I upgraded from 1.2 to 1.3.1, and all of the corrections I had made before the upgrade didn't stick. I had to reapply them. Luckily it wasn't much. I haven't checked out older images to see if the problem is endemic or not.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops