Your Best Holiday Gift Ideas!!!!!

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited December 22, 2007 in The Big Picture
So a lot of us know spouses and significant others of our shooting buddies - why not be Santa's Helper and offer up some suggestions?

A few things I love:

An Eye-fi Card. SD Memory card that automatically uploads to your computer and your photo sharing site (like SmugMug and many others). Get it here at Amazon.

SanDisk Ultra II SD Plus Cards have a built-in USB reader, so you can always anywhere get the photos off the camera. Inexpensive, and oh-so-useful. Great for anyone with a P&S, or a pimp-camera that shoots both CF & SD :evil

A subscription to a great Photography Magazine.

Sensor cleaning - Arctic Butterfly by Visible Dust

Hood Loupe From Hoodman

So what are some of your inexpensive but really-useful-cool-and-good gift suggestions? :ear

Comments

• aktpicsaktpics Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2007
    Good idea - too bad I already spammed out my B&H wishlist to my poor family :D

The items on your list are pretty cool - I love gadgets!
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2007
    I think Andy has mentioned most of the 'cool' less expensive gifts! The new Eye-fi card is a must have - although, I don't have one yet! I knew there was a reason SD prices were dropping like stones!!! rolleyes1.gif

This is not a cheap gift for some, but a really cool gift (I think). One of my favorite (and certainly most stylish) gifts I have purchased for myself this year. :D The Shootsac runs $179 for the basic sac. The gorgeous array of interchangeable covers run from $39 - $69. They are absolutely stunning. The Shootsac blog show great photos of the sac itself and if you click on the Buy a Shootsac link, you will get to the covers. Click on each cover and then click on View Other Photos to see the great closeup detail on the fabulous covers. You can also purchase gift certificates from $25 and up to let the person you are buying for pick out their own cover. This is a great gift for a wedding photographer, as that is what they were designed for. Guys use them as well as gals....see the blog! wings.gif
  • bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2007
    A lens pen - lens cleaning tool - (I think that I am getting one of these in my stocking this year!)

Brookstone sells digital picture key chains - holds over 60 photos. They also sell digital picture Christmas tree ornaments. Small screens in both - but unique ways to display small versions of your photos.
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2007
    bauerman wrote:
    A lens pen - lens cleaning tool - (I think that I am getting one of these in my stocking this year!)

Brookstone sells digital picture key chains - holds over 60 photos. They also sell digital picture Christmas tree ornaments. Small screens in both - but unique ways to display small versions of your photos.

I gave the digital key rings to my mom and both grandmas last year pre loaded with pictures of my son and his cousins. They love them!
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2007
    anwmn1 wrote:
    I gave the digital key rings to my mom and both grandmas last year pre loaded with pictures of my son and his cousins. They love them!

Good to hear as we were thinking of picking a couple up today for the grandmas in the family.
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw