Options

New Orleans

J.T.J.T. Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
edited December 20, 2007 in Location, Location, Location!
I am planning a week trip to New Orleans sometime next year and wanted some advice on the trip. I am planning a documentary trip about Katrina's destruction that's still evident in New Orleans and needed lots of advice for me to start planning.

If anyone has any tips on when to travel, places to stay, good places to shoot, places to avoid, good places to grab a drink and listen to the blues of course, or any other avenues of finding out about New Orleans that would be great.

Thanks!
John "J.T."
http://johnthiele.smugmug.com

Nikon D80 w/MB-D80 vertical grip
Tokina 50-135 f/2.8
Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D
Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G
Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR

RPS Studio Rotating Flash Bracket

SB 600

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter." -- Ansel Adams

Comments

• Options
    pauly632pauly632 Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited December 20, 2007
    Place to stay
    J.T. wrote:
    I am planning a week trip to New Orleans sometime next year and wanted some advice on the trip. I am planning a documentary trip about Katrina's destruction that's still evident in New Orleans and needed lots of advice for me to start planning.

If anyone has any tips on when to travel, places to stay, good places to shoot, places to avoid, good places to grab a drink and listen to the blues of course, or any other avenues of finding out about New Orleans that would be great.

Thanks!

Well we haven't been post Katrina but a great place to stay is the Place De Arms. When we were there blues was on every corner and drinks were a plenty. Do not miss the cemetery in the garden distric. Have a great time!

Pauly
    No matter where you go there you are!

Canon Rebel XTI
    Tamron 28-75mm 2.8
    Tamron 17-35mm 2.8