Options

Maine - lower quarter

bkatzbkatz Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
edited December 22, 2007 in Location, Location, Location!
Will be heading off to the gateway of Maine tomorrow or Wednesday depending on weather. I know I am going to hit York and Ogunquit but looking for some other winter spots.

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited December 22, 2007
    bkatz wrote:
    Will be heading off to the gateway of Maine tomorrow or Wednesday depending on weather. I know I am going to hit York and Ogunquit but looking for some other winter spots.
    It depends what you are looking for... One place that I find interesting is the Saco Heath. I've been there in the warm months and I've been there in snow. Don't know if it's walkable right now because we've had a bit more snow than normal at this time of year, but it might be ok. Info at http://www.sacobaytrails.org/sacoheath.shtml.

I know you said Maine - but I always enjoy the New Hampshire coast. I was up there on Friday, and while there is a bit of snow on the ground right now many of the parking lots for the state beaches are at least partially plowed. Walking on the beach with a camera is always good.

--- Denise
  • Options
    bkatzbkatz Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2007
    It depends what you are looking for... One place that I find interesting is the Saco Heath. I've been there in the warm months and I've been there in snow. Don't know if it's walkable right now because we've had a bit more snow than normal at this time of year, but it might be ok. Info at http://www.sacobaytrails.org/sacoheath.shtml.

I know you said Maine - but I always enjoy the New Hampshire coast. I was up there on Friday, and while there is a bit of snow on the ground right now many of the parking lots for the state beaches are at least partially plowed. Walking on the beach with a camera is always good.

--- Denise
    Denise -
    Walking on the beach is my favorite and one of the reasons that I love Ogunquit. I try to get there at least once a year and haven't been there in Winter in many years. Got some great pictures there this summer while on vacation (went to Boothbay too)- still wading through them all for posting - although you can see a few from my first night walk in Ogunquit in my nature galleries (fixing the watermark this weekend) - the reflected seagull is my favorite.

Weather is not looking great tomorrow so I may put off until Wednesday - I know there will be no visible sunrise so may sleep in and head out depending on weather - there is a dam here near Franklin NH that should look fantastic in Winter. Of course being in Tilton makes that one easy.

I at least brought the snow boots and pants and good gloves.wings.gif