Options

me and my weddings eh!

kp-pixkp-pix Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
edited December 23, 2007 in Weddings
eeek I think I should have put a high bandwidth warning on this should I?

:roflI have NO idea what it is with myself and 'skin' but it's there, near always :scratch anyhoot, our latest escapade found us in an area we only half knew, with the coolest limo driver - awesome guy (who didn't allow us to get lost or have the knee slap fight getting lost) and a super hot sky day, which was absolutely crap - they should seriously ban weddings in summer in this country, if it aint the flies, the light is an absolute harsh cow

Anyway, this was a freebie on their story alone. We do this now and then. they wanted to elope and had their massive overseas trip planned and were going to marry in Italy. Well, the Priest planning on marrying them decided he would tell her aunty rather than her that he wouldn't do it as her FH wasn't a catholic - you can imagine how that went down!! This lady definitely wanted a catholic ceremony, it had to be. So poor things had to cough up the dough for the overseas trip of a lifetime AND a wedding for 100. Lots of upset along the way and both have pretty heavy skin conditions. What was the hardest part of this story for me was actually the unknown disabled sister. Such a sad story of a young life in hardship from 18 years on and many tears were shed with the editing. The highlight, apart from the great people, was also the Irish priest - wow, he was wild! lol

Would not have charged a penny from that moment on, regardless, so glad it was a freebie in the first place :thumb

the Bride and her 'baby'

he was looking in another one, but this is the nicer one of her :)

Comments

• Options
    bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2007
    Wow - I really like these photos! I have done a few weddings since it has gotten around in my family that photography is my hobby, but I have always done the traditionally posed stuff making sure that all the various groups were photographed and a lot of the other trite stuff.

Yours are more in the "wedding photojournalism" style and I really prefer that yo what I have done in the past. You have a lot of unscripted moments here that the couple will probably cherish for a long time. I really like seeing 'real' expressions on subjects faces rather than what they produce when the are told to say 'cheese'!

The expressions of the guys in the last shot trying to catch the garter are priceless! Well done all around and thanks for posting these.
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw
  • Options
    TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2007
    Great stuff K! It looks like it was a blast....
  • Options
    edited December 22, 2007
    Oh thanks so much Bauerman!!! I do a bit of posed stuff in that 'time tween nerves and food' but they're never as good (and I'm not as good at it either) as those candid faces!! Thanks again, such nice words to read :)

Thanks a lot, Travis :D They had such a tough time leading into it, they really relaxed and had great day all round. Should see one of the 'crazy aunty' and the mother of the bride busted in a dark corner rolleyes1.gifGreat day! thumb.gif
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited December 22, 2007
    that next to last one-

did she take a bite out of that mike?-

neat photos-
  • Options
    edited December 22, 2007
    Thanks George! No rolleyes1.gifbut he reverted back to sweet and quiet after that comment
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2007
    Very attractive and expressive couple! I enjoy your commentary and sense of humour almost as much as I enjoy your perfectly timed documentary photographs. I just love the one with their heads out of the limo. And for some reason the veil over the couple one grabs me as others attempting this have not. It feels fresh and new through your interpretation and their joy. The garter toss expressions are PRICELESS!!! There are a handful of those guys that really want that garter!

Well done, I'm so glad you shared these (and would love to see more!) thumb.gif
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    edited December 22, 2007
    Thanks Lynne, <------- sorry for the typo - my rl best friend is named Lyn! I am blushing and grinning at the same time! :D To be honest, this couple made my job SO much easier as they are so relaxed in front of the camera. We had their e session back in July and they're just naturals with posing.

Probably why I love the candids so much from this wedding - got them out of the pose mode muhaha!
  • Options
    DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2007
    You have some great shots there. I did my first wedding tonight. I hope I get a few as good as yours.
  • Options
    DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2007
    Wow! That second set is great as well. I love the last one.