Options

Guitar Shots (Road to LPS 18)

leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
edited December 25, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
The current Dgrin LPS challenge is 'Seconds/Milliseconds'. So my very first thought was the tick of a metronome, and than my thoughts went to my guitar and guitar strings...the measurement of vibration of the strings, or frequency, thus millisecond. Granted, a stretch.

I am new to lighting, so I figured it would be a good exercise to explore lighting technique.

#1 Color Shot (as shot. All shots are with my nifty fifty)

235283988-L.jpg

#2 A B/W Conversion with Crop

235296297-L.jpg

#3 I thought this shot captured vibration/frequency best. Though I really like the color version, I figured since my Epiphone was black/abalone the B/W conversion would work fine. This shot also captures the strings vibrating.

235106045-L.jpg

Any CC about lighting and/or exposure would really be appreciated.
Growing with Dgrin

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2007
    leaforte wrote:
    The current Dgrin LPS challenge is 'Seconds/Milliseconds'. So my very first thought was the tick of a metronome, and than my thoughts went to my guitar and guitar strings...the measurement of vibration of the strings, or frequency, thus millisecond. Granted, a stretch.

I am new to lighting, so I figured it would be a good exercise to explore lighting technique.

#3 I thought this shot captured vibration/frequency best. Though I really like the color version, I figured since my Epiphone was black/abalone the B/W conversion would work fine. This shot also captures the strings vibrating.

Hi there Leaforte, I really like the isolation on the last shot clap.gif
    It is also easier to define the background on this particular shot.

Well Done! ..... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    Hudworks76Hudworks76 Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited December 25, 2007
    leaforte wrote:

235283988-L.jpg

235296297-L.jpg

235106045-L.jpg

and at the end of the show he would throw the bass in a big daring arc to his tech....who always caught it....I was often in position...but couldn't get it sharp, never mind in the frame but it was fun being there....hoping.
  • Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2007
    I really like the first one, but then, I am not so much into bw