Options

Night Shot of Colorado Springs

stromhammerstromhammer Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
edited December 27, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
While I was waiting for the moon to rise on Christmas Eve I took this shot of downtown Colorado Springs from above the Broadmoor Hotel. I'm still learning about night photography and would appriciate any input. I also managed to get a few moon shots before it was swallowed by the low clouds. Still working on PP though.

Canon 20D w/ Sigma 70-200 2.8
236326396-XL.jpg
To the man who only has a hammer in the tool kit, every problem looks like a nail. -Abraham Malsow-

Comments

• Options
    leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    Quite a bright shot. If you are interested in night photography, you may find this LINK interesting.
    Growing with Dgrin

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    While I was waiting for the moon to rise on Christmas Eve I took this shot of downtown Colorado Springs from above the Broadmoor Hotel.
    I'm still learning about night photography and would appriciate any input.
    I also managed to get a few moon shots before it was swallowed by the low clouds.
    Still working on PP though.

Canon 20D w/ Sigma 70-200 2.8

Hi there Stromhammer, personally I have not done a lot of night photography myself.

Where you outside when you were shooting? or behind glass?

I think you've done a very good job nod.gif
    the white lights look a little too bright,
    however overall it's very detailed.
    Looks like you even captured some white car trail lights in the front of the image too thumb.gif

Very nice shot ...... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    stromhammerstromhammer Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    Skippy wrote:

Where you outside when you were shooting? or behind glass?

Very nice shot ...... Skippy :D

Thanks Skippy.

I wasn't shooting inside or behind glass but there was a lot of low haze. I was setup about 1K feet above downtown and several miles away. I guess this presents it's own set of problems this time of year.
    To the man who only has a hammer in the tool kit, every problem looks like a nail. -Abraham Malsow-