Options

zmugfs = FUSE based filesystem for smugmug

jmrodrijmrodri Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
I've been working on a FUSE based filesystem called zmugfs which uses the 1.2.1 JSON api. It's not yet released but I wanted to share some of my progress especially with how far I got tonight.

You can read about the application on my blog:
http://zeusville.wordpress.com/category/technology/python-technology/zmugfs/

Here is a screenshot of an album showing the images in Nautilus on Fedora Core 6 (Linux):

zmugfs_imgdata.png

Let me know what you think. It is far from being finished but moving along nicely.

/jesus rodriguez

Comments

• Options
    onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2007
    I've posted on your blog at least once about this, but I'll say it again: SOOO COOL!

Thanks so much for doing this! I can't wait to play with it when it's released. :)
  • Options
    rkallarkalla Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2007
    Good lord that is cool...

How is it performing so far?
  • Options
    jmrodrijmrodri Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited October 8, 2007
    rkalla wrote:
    Good lord that is cool...

How is it performing so far?

The performance isn't that great, but I think it's my approach :) making lots of round trip calls with no caching. I'm thinking I can cache a lot of the data locally to avoid having to make so many trips. But I left the optimization for later. :)

My primary goals for release 0.1 is to get the read only portion done.
  • Options
    pnutzpnutz Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited December 28, 2007
    jmrodri wrote:
    The performance isn't that great, but I think it's my approach :) making lots of round trip calls with no caching. I'm thinking I can cache a lot of the data locally to avoid having to make so many trips. But I left the optimization for later. :)

My primary goals for release 0.1 is to get the read only portion done.

An extremely good idea.. Waiting to see how you get along.. I had thought of porting this to MacFUSE but have been sidetracked over the past few months...