Options

Wtb 24-105 L

gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
edited December 29, 2007 in House of Canon
Later model please (not the recall) All international paypal fees (extra 1% i think) will be covered in the price by me as will the extra postage & insurance.

Comments

• Options
    holzphotoholzphoto Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    Gus where do you live? i have a brand new one that has never been used that i got in a 5D kit.

gus wrote:
    Later model please (not the recall) All international paypal fees (extra 1% i think) will be covered in the price by me as will the extra postage & insurance.
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2007
    Tks holzphoto. Im in Australia... just past the edge of the world where there be dragons.

Im not really after a brand new lens as i can get that at B&H etc new but a 2nd hand one that is priced accordingly to that market but feel free to PM me with your selling price if you wish.

As i mentioned i will make sure no extra fees what-so-ever are met by the seller for paypal or postage.

Rgds Gus
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2007
    i know all about your dragons actually.....

i want 925 shipped, however i'd rather keep the sale in the US.
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2007
    holzphoto wrote:
    however i'd rather keep the sale in the US.

Thus i mentioned the dragons. ne_nau.gif why do people inside the US not wish to sell outside ?? I mean lets look at the facts here ..i have some 14000 + posts in the forum..i moderate two forums...i have met maybe 80 people on this board (many twice) including the owners/manager...i have a PayPal account & have stated that i will cover any extra costs associated what-so-ever.

Sorry , not a rant but it just something i have noticed of americans. At least you replied to me...once many find out i am not in the US simply do not return messages.
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2007
    well gus, i am not sure. sometimes i sell overseas, sometimes i just don't feel comfortable. most of the overseas transactions i have, the buyer wants to reduce the value of the item so they won't have to pay a tax/duty/tariff. I personally don't feel comfortable doing this, as if something were to happen in transit or in customs.

you see a lot of goannas over there? what about taipans and carpet snakes?
  • Options
    storksbstorksb Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    gus wrote:
    Thus i mentioned the dragons. ne_nau.gif why do people inside the US not wish to sell outside ?? I mean lets look at the facts here ..i have some 14000 + posts in the forum..i moderate two forums...i have met maybe 80 people on this board (many twice) including the owners/manager...i have a PayPal account & have stated that i will cover any extra costs associated what-so-ever.

Sorry , not a rant but it just something i have noticed of americans. At least you replied to me...once many find out i am not in the US simply do not return messages.

Being a naturlized American and not wishing to cause any offense, most Americans think the world stops at the Pacific and Atlantic shore lines and the Canadian and Mexican borders. This is most likely due to the vastness of the country. I have met many people on my travels here that have never vacationed outside of their home state let alone outside the country.

It is a fear of the unknown.

Simon
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2007
    holzphoto wrote:

you see a lot of goannas over there? what about taipans and carpet snakes?
    They are in my garden (everyones garden actually). We need to keep the doors & windows closed at night.
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2007
    storksb wrote:
    Being a naturlized American and not wishing to cause any offense, most Americans think the world stops at the Pacific and Atlantic shore lines and the Canadian and Mexican borders. This is most likely due to the vastness of the country. I have met many people on my travels here that have never vacationed outside of their home state let alone outside the country.

It is a fear of the unknown.

Simon

Thats what i dont get...On the subject of vastness..australia is actually larger than the USA & has only 20 million people ne_nau.gif The place is almost one gigantic desert.

We well accept that there is more to the world than our shoreline. I find it rather odd thats all.
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2007
    well gus, i can't tell you the reason why, just the ones for me. as far as getting out in the open, i've travelled across the united states more than 5 times via car.

one day i'd like to get over to oz to see all of the great reptiles it has to offer....and maybe kill a few cane toads.
  • Options
    RockportersRockporters Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    I usually ship via the USPS, and the online calculators don't always show all of the fees. This either causes me to absorb the extra fees, or make multiple trips to the post office in order to determine an accurate shipping charge. It's just added hassle when most items will sell easily, and for just as much, without shipping outside the continental USA. Of course there are special circumstances where I'll consider it, but...

Not sure what it has to do with anything, I've not only traveled outside of this state, but outside the USA as well. It's just added hassle that usually isn't necessary in order to sell most items. Additionally shipping charges can be prohibitive, given an item's value. And in fairness, it's not uncommon to see sellers outside the USA refusing to ship here.

Given your willingness to work out the details, and the realization that extra fees are involved (which surprisingly not everyone gets), I'd ship to you Gus, if I had a 24-105L for sale. It's not always that easy though!
    Beth

Nikon D300
    Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8
    Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6
    Nikon 50mm f/1.8D

[SIZE=-3]Mary Beth Glasmann Photography[/SIZE]
  • Options
    renkanrenkan Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited December 28, 2007
    $850 including shipping?
    gus wrote:

I have one that has seen very little use - less than 1000 shots (possibly less than 500 actually). Cosmetically like new and no dust. Date code is UU0304. In original packaging with lens hood and lens case. PM me if you're still interested.

I don't know how to paste photos here so please visit http://renkan.googlepages.com/home to see the lens.

Cheers
  • Options
    edited December 28, 2007
    PM sent..thanks renkan. Ive had yet another US sale renege.
  • Options
    zweiblumenzweiblumen Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2007
    gus wrote:
    australia is actually larger than the USA

??
    Going by land-mass or ... ??

Australia : 7,741,220 km²
    US: 9,826,630 km²
    (cia.gov and wikipedia. Numbers where closer on wikipedia so I used those)

FWIW, if I had a 24-105 to sell, I'd be more than happy to sell it to you!
    Travis
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2007
    zweiblumen wrote:
    ??
    Going by land-mass or ... ??

Australia : 7,741,220 km²
    US: 9,826,630 km²
    (cia.gov and wikipedia. Numbers where closer on wikipedia so I used those)

FWIW, if I had a 24-105 to sell, I'd be more than happy to sell it to you!
    Dude, I wouldn't go to cia.gov on a beteek7.gif

Here's the wikipedia link to the whole chart. I thought it would be fun to see what the largest country I had never heard of was. Turns out to be #52 Turkmenistan. Being a dopey American, I was glad I got through at least 50 before my ignorance showed up! :D

Gus, I have no problem sending stuff overseas but that doesn't mean it's always easy to do. I sold a lens to Eric and I'm sure you've heard the story of it's 4 or 5 week tour of the globe. It finally got there but that was not a fun experience.

I hope you get your lens, especially since I beat you to that other one by a few minutes...sorry!
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited December 28, 2007
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    Gus, I have no problem sending stuff overseas but that doesn't mean it's always easy to do. I sold a lens to Eric and I'm sure you've heard the story of it's 4 or 5 week tour of the globe. It finally got there but that was not a fun experience.
    Boy was that fun! lol3.gif

But still very atypical. I've gotten many packages from home since then, most came in 7-10 days. A few smaller ones came even faster.

If you have a business, and therefore an account, shipping with DHL freight is my number #1 recommendation, btw. I got an item from Oregon to Brisbane in 2 days, insured, tracked, the whole lot. door to door.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2007
    Damn, I meant Erik not Eric!

I'm sure our experience was atypical, but still the mindset for someone who doesn't ship overseas often tends to be "this has to pass thru the hands of multiple governments... there's bound to be issues." I think it is natural for shipping noobs to assume that shipping in-country is less complicated than out-of -country.
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2007
    gus wrote:

Gus, Gus,

It's well known you live with, gonnas, taipans, and carpet snakes. You let giant hopping rats run all over your country. You think it's fine for crocodiles to swim with your kids. Summer, and winter are at the wrong time of the year. It's been documented you don't wash your feet, and go native on a regular basis. (I have one of your native t-shirts)

That said would YOU return your own messages?

:D

Sam