Options

Announcing Facebook SmugMug Application

poitchpoitch Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
You can install it from:
http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=2461092021

This is a first attempt at it and I'm basically looking for people to test it.

You can't edit the content from within facebook yet. Private galleries are kept private and cannot be accessed in anyway by your facebook friends for now.

If you look at your own galleries, the private galleries will show but it seems like I am still having issues in displaying the content...

Leave a note on facebook if you find issues.

Comments

• Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 20, 2007
    Hey Jerome,

Cool thumb.gif

I am actually in the process of building one as well.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2007
    Can't wait with access to the backend I'm sure it's going to provide a lot of great features.
  • Options
    birchfieldbirchfield Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited June 20, 2007
    sounds good! thumb.gif
    could you post a screenshot of the app in action?
  • Options
    edited June 21, 2007
    the list of galeries, as you can see my issue in displaying photos that belongs in a private gallery, need to look into that.
  • Options
    edited June 21, 2007
    Album/Gallery content

(not appearing in that one is the paging links, would be on the top right)
  • Options
    edited June 21, 2007
    Photo view (missing in that one is the EXIF info)

There is also a box that appears on the profile page, it looks really terrible right now I have to work on it to make it look good.

People who can access your profile basically can access the public galeries as they would on the web.

There are tons of things that I haven't integrated yet but I'm planning to ... just have a day job unfortunately
  • Options
    ebswiftebswift Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited December 17, 2007
    poitch wrote:
    Photo view (missing in that one is the EXIF info)

There is also a box that appears on the profile page, it looks really terrible right now I have to work on it to make it look good.

People who can access your profile basically can access the public galeries as they would on the web.

There are tons of things that I haven't integrated yet but I'm planning to ... just have a day job unfortunately
    Thanks for the cool app! I'm wondering how to get the Large & Original links below the image? I worked out that if I give the username & password I can see the Original link, but I read elsewhere that you were taking away the need to enter the username/password.

Thanks again, and I hope you continue working on the app. I've introduced smugmug to other facebook users who have now signed up, and I've introduced them to Big SmugMug as well.

Try Smugfoto in Facebook for displaying your SmugMug galleries.
  • Options
    ebswiftebswift Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited December 28, 2007
    Now that I got Big Smug working, it no longer works. It could be because I have added a number of new galleries and some sub categories, but I have no idea why. Given that you don't have much time for investigating bugs and updating Big Smugmug is there any chance of opening up the sourcecode so we can debug? I'm a coder so I should be able to help for starters.

Try Smugfoto in Facebook for displaying your SmugMug galleries.