Options

SOLD: Canon 70-200 f4/L USM

ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
edited January 3, 2008 in House of Canon
I am selling my Canon 70-200mm f4/L USM lens. This is a beauty, I've kept her well, I have the case, box, tripod attachment, hood, and paperwork. I am not the original owner, I bought it from another user on here earlier this year.

I will post pictures later this week, a little crazy with holidays

With the exception of the most recent basketball game, just about all the shots here were taken w/ that lens:
http://shima.smugmug.com/Valparaiso_University/398614

A decent portion of the photos in here were taken with it as well (but not all, some in there were also taken with my 24-105)
http://shima.smugmug.com/Nature/325400

I am selling it because I just got the Sigma 70-200 f2.8 from here on the forums and it suits my sports needs better.

I am asking $575 for it, including USPS priority shipping. Any takers?
--> Keep in mind this includes the tripod attachment!

Comments

• Options
    rebelxtnewbierebelxtnewbie Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2007
    Shima wrote:
    I am selling my Canon 70-200mm f4/L USM lens. This is a beauty, I've kept her well, I have the case, box, tripod attachment, hood, and paperwork. I am not the original owner, I bought it from another user on here earlier this year.

I will post pictures later this week, a little crazy with holidays

With the exception of the most recent basketball game, just about all the shots here were taken w/ that lens:
    http://shima.smugmug.com/Valparaiso_University/398614

A decent portion of the photos in here were taken with it as well (but not all, some in there were also taken with my 24-105)
    http://shima.smugmug.com/Nature/325400

I am selling it because I just got the Sigma 70-200 f2.8 from here on the forums and it suits my sports needs better.

I am asking 550 for it, including USPS priority shipping. Any takers?

I can vouch for the quality of this lens since it was mine to start with. Great budget tele!
    Lenses: A Never Ending Revolving Door of stuff

Equipment ~ $5K, Income from pictures ~ $0K, Memories ~ Priceless
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2007
    I can vouch for the quality of this lens since it was mine to start with. Great budget tele!

Yup it was yours and it served me quite well for a good amount of time! Your whole revolving door of lenses theory is working well for me presently :)
  • Options
    edited December 29, 2007
    Price drop to 550. Remember this includes the tripod ring mount. Any takers?

Editing to add NOTE: Lens sells new for 540 on B&H... Tripod Mount sells new for 144 on B&H. 540+144=688.
    I'm asking for 550. That's 133 dollars cheaper than you'd pay if you bought both new on B&H. :)
  • Options
    PineapplePhotoPineapplePhoto Registered Users Posts: 474 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2007
    Post some pictures of the lens, so people can see the cosmetic condition, specially the front and rear glass elements? mwink.gif

plus everthing that comes with it (pictures sell :D )
    Body: Canon 1D Mark II N | Canon 30D w/BG-E2 Flash: Canon 580EX II | Quantum T4d | Strobes & Monolights
    Glass: Sigma 70-200 f2.8 | Sigma 20 f1.8 | Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM
  • Options
    edited December 29, 2007
    Post some pictures of the lens, so people can see the cosmetic condition, specially the front and rear glass elements? mwink.gif

plus everthing that comes with it (pictures sell :D )

Oh woops, thanks for reminding me, I meant to do that but originally posted the sale when I wasn't home, will go and take some shots now and post them shortly :) I think the only scuffs are some really light wear on the hood... and that's because it's my hood which keeps my lens from getting dinged! Pics to follow :)
  • Options
    edited December 29, 2007
    Photos of the Lens and Accessories!! :)
    http://shima.smugmug.com/gallery/4071281

237133468-M.jpg
    Parmesan cheese and cat food not included! lol

Hopefully my many angles should be sufficient. If you need a shot of some other view let me know.

For the scuffs on the hood I mentioned in the previous reply, I have posted some pictures of the hood which show what I am referring to. Not very noticeable and since it's a hood it has no effect on the functionality.

Photos were not edited, I shot in JPG so I could upload them directly for you guys and gals so you'd know they were not altered. Enjoy!
  • Options
    PineapplePhotoPineapplePhoto Registered Users Posts: 474 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2007
    I will buy it if you include the cat food and cheese mwink.gif
    Body: Canon 1D Mark II N | Canon 30D w/BG-E2 Flash: Canon 580EX II | Quantum T4d | Strobes & Monolights
    Glass: Sigma 70-200 f2.8 | Sigma 20 f1.8 | Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM
  • Options
    edited December 31, 2007
    Bump.

Please keep in mind that this includes the tripod ring which does not normally come with the lens! To repeat from my previous post:

Lens sells new for 540 on B&H... Tripod Mount sells new for 144 on B&H. 540+144=688.
    I'm asking for 550. That's 133 dollars cheaper than you'd pay if you bought both new on B&H. :)

If you wish to make an offer I may be willing to compromise. Let me know!
  • Options
    edited January 3, 2008
    Bump.

Also note: I can do paypal (I hear you need a merchant account for credit cards, so bank transfers only on there as I don't have a merchant account) or we can do Google Checkout.

I am willing to separate the tripod ring from the lens et. all, so if you only want one of those two, let me know and we can discuss pricing.
  • Options
    ShebaJoShebaJo Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2008
    great lens!
    I got a 70-200 f4 L for Christmas... LOVE it! iloveyou.gif

I had read that they are super sharp, light weight... I can't imagine selling it, no matter what I buy in the future.

Especially with the tripod mount, this really is a good deal... I would go for it, had Santa not been so kind.
  • Options
    edited January 3, 2008
    Sold to Robert (glovedesigner)! Thanks

I still have the tripod mount available, may just make another post though for that since it's not mentioned in the title.
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited January 3, 2008
    Shima wrote:
    ...may just make another post though for that since it's not mentioned in the title.
    Go for it, I'll mark this sold. thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]