Options

My HDR (High Dynamic Range) photo's...

niclednicled Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
edited December 30, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
Photo's came from old files which were edited in three exposure values (normal, +2 & -2) on photoshop and merged on Photomatix Pro (software).

I still have to shoot a scene using those exposure values. I'm sure the effect will even be better.

St. Didacus Church
Taken with the D40x

2137699625_dcaa559a30.jpg

Photo taken during a trip to Paris last May (2007).
Taken with my Kodak Cx7530 point and shoot digicam.

2134658429_0ee696f0eb_o.jpg

Comments (good or bad) are very much welcome!

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2007
    nicled wrote:
    Photo's came from old files which were edited in three exposure values (normal, +2 & -2) on photoshop and merged on Photomatix Pro (software).

I still have to shoot a scene using those exposure values. I'm sure the effect will even be better.

St. Didacus Church
    Taken with the D40x

Photo taken during a trip to Paris last May (2007).
    Taken with my Kodak Cx7530 point and shoot digicam.

Comments (good or bad) are very much welcome!

Hi there Nicled, HDR is something I quite like.
    I know a lot of folks don't like it, as some peoples versions of HDR look way over processed and fake looking, others don't.

I like both of these shots, though they do not look natural.
    I particularly like the first shot, love the warm colour tones in that one thumb.gif

Very nice work Nicled .... thanks for sharing your HDR's .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited December 29, 2007
    Thanks for your kind words Skippy.

HDR if exaggerated, can make a picture look surreal. For others that can be good and creative. But for the purist, it is kind of artificial.

As for me, i just shoot and experiment and follow what is shared in Digital Grin.
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2007
    To me, they don't look like HDR, but more of an artistic style applied via Photoshop. The second especially looks like an old timey photo postcard...I quite like it
  • Options
    ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2007
    Are these real HDR´s ?...With 3 or more different exposures or is it the camera raw 4 trick? :D Imo what you can create with just a couple of minutes in camera raw is allmost the same as with 3 or more exposures.

Like the first on the best. The clouds dosnt look very natural on the second one. HDR is a very nice prosses and i like it alot.

Keep it up // Arvan.
  • Options
    edited December 29, 2007
    Both photo's were configured in three different exposure values in photoshop and combined in photomatix. The source was one jpeg photo on file.

Clouds were added to the Effiel Tower photo making it unreal :)

Below is an HDR photo taken in with three exposures - normal, +2 & -2 and then combined in Photomatix. This is actually my first true HDR.

2146685194_332c8521b9_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 29, 2007
    Take 2 of the 1st Photo, bracketed on cam, combined in Photomatix and edited in Photoshop..

2146908434_d74b4cfd14_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2007
    A third HDR photo of the same scene, this time converted to black and white...

2148348003_a8f9bb092c.jpg

The HDR effect in black and white looks more realistic than in color? What do you think?