Options

A cold day at the beach....(opinions please)

4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
edited March 7, 2005 in Other Cool Shots
The things we do to get our dogs exercise. It was extremely cold out there. They never did get the stick away. I know these are just ordinary pictures but I'd love an opinion on whether the BW conversion needs work. .

17010774-M.jpg

17010771-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2005
    4labs wrote:
    The things we do to get our dogs exercise. It was extremely cold out there. They never did get the stick away. I know these are just ordinary pictures but I'd love an opinion on whether the BW conversion needs work. .

17010774-M.jpg

17010771-M.jpg
    I'd be interested to know what you did for your convertion dog. The backgrounds are a little light and bright for me I think.. Tell us what you did.:D
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2005
    Lynn I tried one of the many links that were posted here.
    I converted to lab color. Clicked on lightness channel.Discarded other channels. Converted that to grayscale. Ctrl click on the grayscale channel Select inverse.Converted that to RgB mode. Added an adjusment layer of a deep red color. Used the multiply blending layer option. Adjusted the curves and opacity.. I can easily darken the backround. I was afraid if I made it too dark the people may get lost.

It was horrible light to begin with very blah day. I was in my car and saw all these little boys actually sailing on this cold miserable day so I raced home got teh camera and they were gone when I got back. So I figured I had to shoot something. would have loved have been closer. Anyway thnxs for commenting Lynn. Glad to see someone else doesn't sleep..:D
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2005
    4labs wrote:
    Lynn I tried one of the many links that were posted here.
    I converted to lab color. Clicked on lightness channel.Discarded other channels. Converted that to grayscale. Ctrl click on the grayscale channel Select inverse.Converted that to RgB mode. Added an adjusment layer of a deep red color. Used the multiply blending layer option. Adjusted the curves and opacity.. I can easily darken the backround. I was afraid if I made it too dark the people may get lost.

It was horrible light to begin with very blah day. I was in my car had saw all these little boys actually sailing on this cold miserable day so I raced home got teh camera and they were gone when I got back. So I figured I had to shoot something. would have loved have been closer. Anyway thnxs for commenting Lynn. Glad to someone else doesn't sleep..:D
    Yes shame they were so far away.. still interesting shots to play with. Try again and see what you come up with.. I'm always interested in different ways to convert to black and white.. I usually just use channels, monochrome, then play with the levels.
    Thanks for sharing :D
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    Yes shame they were so far away.. still interesting shots to play with. Try again and see what you come up with.. I'm always interested in different ways to convert to black and white.. I usually just use channels, monochrome, then play with the levels.
    Thanks for sharing :D
    Just made a curves adjusment layer and masked around the people.
    17056064-M.jpg

17056063-M.jpg