Options

Challenge 34

Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
edited March 8, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Here is one of my million ideas for this challenge. I think this challenge will be the most fun yet as it is so wide open for subject matter. This is the thermostat in our living room. Critiques? Please be honest, even if you don't like it.

34333%3A7523232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2338%3D6%3A%3B%3D377%3DXROQDF%3E232379277%3A639ot1lsi

Took these three today. All the same idea just three different buildings. Critiques? Comments? Even if you think they are REALLY bad go ahead and say so. I'm a big boy I can take it:wink I'm not sure if the lines of the building make it to busy to be minimalism, but maybe I'm being to critical. What do you think?

3433475923232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2338%3D6%3A%3B%3D377%3DXROQDF%3E2323792859865ot1lsi

3433475923232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2338%3D6%3A%3B%3D377%3DXROQDF%3E2323792859866ot1lsi

3433475923232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2338%3D6%3A%3B%3D377%3DXROQDF%3E2323792859867ot1lsi

Let the challenge begin, thanks for looking.

Eric
"My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2005
    I think my toughest problem with minimalism is always wanting something more from the picture. Looking at your picture remindes of a picture I took of a fire alarm at school. I think I don't like your picture as much for the same reason I didn't really like mine. I think your thermosat looks too scratched up. I think it would look better without the dings and teh numbers and if it looked like circles within side each other. So, I guess I'm contradicting myself by asking you to simlify more and give me less. I love the color of your wall though, so I think you should keep working with stuff on that background. I think I am just getting rather confused about minimalism. Great start. I'm going to start some of my own now.
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 7, 2005
    is it really blue like that, or have you played with the colors? just curious. I like the contrast and effect.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    is it really blue like that, or have you played with the colors? just curious. I like the contrast and effect.
    dont forget challenge 34 does'nt start til after 12noon1drink.gif
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    dont forget challenge 34 does'nt start til after 12noon1drink.gif
    It has always started at midnight, before.

Lynn??

ginger 12 AM
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    It has always started at midnight, before.

Lynn??

ginger 12 AM

nod.gif

00:00:01 a.m. nyc time today. shots taken before this time are not eligible.

deal.gif
  • Options
    Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    I actually set my white balance to indoor lighting and for some reason the therm came out blue when in fact it's more gold/silver.

eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • Options
    RocketManRocketMan Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2005
    without stating the obvious, indoor lighting is a pretty general term, most cameras have several settings, usually one incadesent and several floresent. Plus, any mixing of indoor and natural light will change the color balance. I think the color of the control is fine we'd never know its not the right color without you're stating so. I like the bold color of the wall as well and any blemishes could prob. be blended out of the control, though I won't worry about it. Nice shot.

RM
    http://roadrunes.com
    "It's better to bite the hand that feeds you, than to feed the hand that bites you" - Me :D