Options

Tutor Needed

David HartcornDavid Hartcorn Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited March 7, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Hi-I'm new to Smugmug. I'm pretty good with a camera, but this business of setting up my site is grinding up hours and hours that I don't have. I need a tutor on Smugmug, someone who is proficent on the site, and can answer some questions, and help me get going.

I have loaded a bunch of galleries already, so I'm really looking for fine tuning. The answers from tech support are not in-depth enough for a non -tech type...

So, I am willing to pay for someone to call me , and spend some time with me ( I live on the East coast) and can be available any time.

Anyone interested in moonlighting???????

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2005
    I believe I already asked you..
    What is is that you want to achieve?
    If the answer is "I just want a nice looking web-page" I'm afraid you end up spending hundreds and hundreds of $$$ and still won't be satisfied.

However, if your questions are specific enough you may end up getting help from where you least expected - and most likely free of charge..
    The only caveat - you gotta do your homework first. Even if you only say "I want color scheme like A's, layout like B's and fontface like C's" - that alone can get you pretty far. But you need to know your ABCs first:-)

"Ask and thou shalt recieve":-)

Cheers!
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2005
    Hi-I'm new to Smugmug. I'm pretty good with a camera, but this business of setting up my site is grinding up hours and hours that I don't have. I need a tutor on Smugmug, someone who is proficent on the site, and can answer some questions, and help me get going.

I have loaded a bunch of galleries already, so I'm really looking for fine tuning. The answers from tech support are not in-depth enough for a non -tech type...

So, I am willing to pay for someone to call me , and spend some time with me ( I live on the East coast) and can be available any time.

Anyone interested in moonlighting???????

you could lay out your questions here, i'm certain that you'll get loads of help.
  • Options
    ndsimmndsimm Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited March 7, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    What is is that you want to achieve?
    If the answer is "I just want a nice looking web-page" I'm afraid you end up spending hundreds and hundreds of $$$ and still won't be satisfied.

However, if your questions are specific enough you may end up getting help from where you least expected - and most likely free of charge..
    The only caveat - you gotta do your homework first. Even if you only say "I want color scheme like A's, layout like B's and fontface like C's" - that alone can get you pretty far. But you need to know your ABCs first:-)

"Ask and thou shalt recieve":-)

Cheers!
    Ok, I'm asking.:D
    I want to be able to have links to my home site either on the top or bottom of the smugmug page. I've also seen Andy's page and like the way it flows. I'm suing FrontPage so if that is a hinderance to what I want, please let me know as I do not have a lot of HTML experience, thanks