Options

I did family portraits for my boss and I'm scared to death

thenimirrathenimirra Registered Users Posts: 697 Major grins
edited January 4, 2008 in Mind Your Own Business
I know it's because he's my boss...but I'm terrified. Please critique them and tell me what you think. Thank you!

www.picture-yourworld.com

Clients

The Moore Family

password: newspaper.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    ~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2008
    Some of them are OOF. Since you showed so many, I'd go through and take out the OOF ones. Did you change out the background on some of them?
  • Options
    edited January 1, 2008
    ~Jan~ wrote:
    Some of them are OOF. Since you showed so many, I'd go through and take out the OOF ones. Did you change out the background on some of them?

Thanks for the help Jan! I've been looking at these things for so long that my eyes are tired. Which ones are OOF? ne_nau.gif:D

Yep, I changed the backgrounds on most of them because they wanted these shot inside their house....but the background was too busy where they wanted them shot.
  • Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2008
    thenimirra wrote:
    Which ones are OOF?

Well, I'm not Jan, but I did take the time to look for you.

OOF = 3,6,34,35,36,44 & 47
    Randy
  • Options
    edited January 3, 2008
    rwells wrote:
    Well, I'm not Jan, but I did take the time to look for you.

OOF = 3,6,34,35,36,44 & 47

Cool, thanks for all the suggestions guys.

Sam...it was great talking to you. I'm so excited and I'm working on all the suggestions you gave me. clap.gif

I feel much better about this project. And my boss even told me that I didn't charge enough for my services. He was impressed that I was able to come to his house and shoot.
  • Options
    nipprdognipprdog Registered Users Posts: 660 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2008
    You should consider opening up your lens a little more. F 3.2 doesn't offer enough DOF for shots like #15. When looking at the original, the lady in front is in focus. The man in the back isn't.

Portraits are not my specialty, but when I do them, the minimum I shoot at is f 5.6.
  • Options
    claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2008
    nipprdog wrote:
    You should consider opening up your lens a little more. F 3.2 doesn't offer enough DOF for shots like #15. When looking at the original, the lady in front is in focus. The man in the back isn't.

Portraits are not my specialty, but when I do them, the minimum I shoot at is f 5.6.

You mean stop down more. :poke Opening up would be going to f2.8 & would result in a shallower DOF.
  • Options
    edited January 4, 2008
    nipprdog wrote:

that was actually the affect I was going for :D ....but I totally understand what you are saying. I usually shoot 5.6 or 8 even when I do portraits.

Hey Sam! I got rid of the mother's double chin just like she asked! Thanks for the tips again.