Options

New Here and question about color space

Deb from MADeb from MA Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited March 7, 2005 in Finishing School
I apologize if this topic has been beaten to death. I am having the hardest time. I have photoshop elements 3.0. By default, I had been working in the Adobe colorspace. Then I send a photo via email or to the web and it is dull and flat looking, so I read here that you need sRGB! So, do most of you do your editing in the sRGB workspace????? OR, is there a way to work in Adobe and then convert for emailing/web viewing??? What is best for printing on a home computer and what is best for printing from an online website?
Also, I am taking a photo class where we have to take pictures, burn them to a CD or other method of transport and then they will be displayed on a large screen via computer. If I work in say Adobe, do I have to tell the instructor to make sure his photoshop program is set to Adobe? THANKS!!!
Debbie

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2005
    I apologize if this topic has been beaten to death. I am having the hardest time. I have photoshop elements 3.0. By default, I had been working in the Adobe colorspace. Then I send a photo via email or to the web and it is dull and flat looking, so I read here that you need sRGB! So, do most of you do your editing in the sRGB workspace????? OR, is there a way to work in Adobe and then convert for emailing/web viewing??? What is best for printing on a home computer and what is best for printing from an online website?
    Also, I am taking a photo class where we have to take pictures, burn them to a CD or other method of transport and then they will be displayed on a large screen via computer. If I work in say Adobe, do I have to tell the instructor to make sure his photoshop program is set to Adobe? THANKS!!!
    Debbie

i can't see a reason why you should be working in adobe rgb at all. just work in srgb 100% and you'll have no prob for emailed shots, online printed shots, etc.

good luck
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2005
    andy wrote:
    i can't see a reason why you should be working in adobe rgb at all. just work in srgb 100% and you'll have no prob for emailed shots, online printed shots, etc.

good luck
    I have read that Adobe srgb is better for printing photos at home. Is this not true? I appreciate your response Andy.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2005
    I have read that Adobe srgb is better for printing photos at home. Is this not true? I appreciate your response Andy.

most home printers will print great from srgb profile. try it and see :D
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2005
    andy wrote:
    I am at work right now, but will play around a bit when I get home. This is great info to know. I was getting so frustrated yesterday!
    Thanks again, Andy.
    Debbie
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2005
    andy wrote:
    Andy huh?? so why do I keep changing from srgb to rgb for my had printing... tell me that Andy... just tell me...:jose
    (found the kava)1drink.gif