Options

Gawad Kalinga: A Photo Documentary

niclednicled Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
edited January 3, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Gawad Kalinga (GK) translated in English means to “to give care”, and it is an alternative solution to the blatant problem of poverty not just in the Philippines but in the world. GK’s vision for the Philippines is a slum-free, squatter-free nation through a simple strategy of providing land for the landless, homes for the homeless, food for the hungry and as a result providing dignity and peace for every Filipino.

Gawad Kalinga Village (Bacolod City, Philippines)

2160012689_0bb2c3bdf3.jpg

Children of Hope...

2148440101_178141aef4.jpg

2149270596_3c0a3ba2ac.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited January 3, 2008
    Houses...

2145068409_5d713e10b1.jpg

Vegetable Garden...Where organically grown vegetables are cultured...

2145068149_35d41b829d.jpg

Ornamental Plants (orchids) grown in the village...

2145860814_b7eca3565c.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 3, 2008
    2145868325_48589cfd91.jpg
    Houses lined with various plants..

2146685194_35fa78bda4.jpg

Thanks for looking! Comments are welcome.
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2008
    nicled wrote:
    Gawad Kalinga (GK) translated in English means to “to give care”, and it is an alternative solution to the blatant problem of poverty not just in the Philippines but in the world. GK’s vision for the Philippines is a slum-free, squatter-free nation through a simple strategy of providing land for the landless, homes for the homeless, food for the hungry and as a result providing dignity and peace for every Filipino.

Gawad Kalinga Village (Bacolod City, Philippines)
    Children of Hope...

Many countries who are in poverty, are surrounded by the most wealthiest countries in the world, yet they suffer terribly.

It's sad when you know there is no reason for any nations to be starving or in thirst.

I hope the Vision for your people continues, there is much in life we all take for granted.

Thank you for sharing your images nicled thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited January 3, 2008
    Your welcome Skippy! GAWAD KALINGA brings hope for these people. It was so inspiring shooting the village and seeing how much we can do to help. And i could see smiling faces all over - faces which i never saw in other poverty struck areas. What we need now to do is to replicate the concept of Gawad Kalinga and reach out to more people.

That was the reason why my friends and i in the Camera Club of Negros went out to shoot so we can have our photo's published for others to see.

Many thanks for allowing me to share the photo's in "this" venue.

If only to show there is "hope" in the darkness that abounds...