238605724-M.jpg

238612490-M.jpg

Which ones tickles your fancy ?

Comments

• Options
    MoniMoni Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2008
    I like 2 and 5.
    #2 for the symmetry and #5 because of the shape and because you can still see the rosettes thru the lights.

Why did they hang a chandelier there? headscratch.gif
    Is this still up?
  • Options
    RaphyRaphy Registered Users Posts: 431 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2008
    Moni wrote:
    I like 2 and 5.
    #2 for the symmetry and #5 because of the shape and because you can still see the rosettes thru the lights.

Why did they hang a chandelier there? headscratch.gif
    Is this still up?

Thanks for the comments Moni. It's hung up there as part of an overall Christmas decoration. It's a "gate" to the Exhibition Place in Toronto... I didn't bother taking photos of the entire thing as the other decoration they had was horrid eek7.gif lol rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    MoniMoni Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2008
    Raphy wrote:
    Thanks for the comments Moni. It's hung up there as part of an overall Christmas decoration. It's a "gate" to the Exhibition Place in Toronto... I didn't bother taking photos of the entire thing as the other decoration they had was horrid eek7.gif lol rolleyes1.gif

I recognized it immediately. It's the Princess Gate on the east end near the Auto building and the conference centre.
    Just seems weird to see a chandelier outside!

Did you see the pretty polar bears made of lights on Yonge just at College Park? I quite like those but didn't get around to taking a pic of them.
    My favourite, that I still haven't photographed, is the inside of BCE Place with all the icicle lights hanging from the ceiling.

And I know what you mean about ugly decorations. My neighbour's decs are UGLY but I got a few good captures out of their lights while managing to blur the yucky background:
    http://monicarooney.smugmug.com/gallery/4093964#238921607
  • Options
    RaphyRaphy Registered Users Posts: 431 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2008
    Moni wrote:
    I recognized it immediately. It's the Princess Gate on the east end near the Auto building and the conference centre.
    Just seems weird to see a chandelier outside!

Did you see the pretty polar bears made of lights on Yonge just at College Park? I quite like those but didn't get around to taking a pic of them.
    My favourite, that I still haven't photographed, is the inside of BCE Place with all the icicle lights hanging from the ceiling.

And I know what you mean about ugly decorations. My neighbour's decs are UGLY but I got a few good captures out of their lights while managing to blur the yucky background:
    http://monicarooney.smugmug.com/gallery/4093964#238921607

Hah... yup..u got it !

I didn't see the polar bears :cry are they still up ? and I've been insode the BCE Place but didn't have my camera...maybe i should go before they take this stuff down ... lol

Btw - your pics are great ! thumb.gif
  • Options
    pjb923pjb923 Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited January 3, 2008
    Very nice. I like #3 and #5.

At first I thought it was the Arch in Washington Square park. It has almost the exact same design. I was wondering how you got rid of the ugly wire mesh covering it. :D
    http://pberge.zenfolio.com/p1013712011/?photo=679355042
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2008
    Raphy wrote:

Which ones tickles your fancy ?

The Last one , cause it looks like it belongs in a Sci-Fi Movie clap.gif
    ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin