KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
edited March 8, 2005 in Holy Macro
Comments please.

17039217-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2005
    I'm a bit predjudice about shots of Parrots/Birds, being owned by two jealous parrots myself :D

Striking photo jumps right out at ya thumb.gif
    I'm no expert here, but there seems to be something going on around the bottom of the beak, like a blue line headscratch.gif
  • Options
    BridgeCityBridgeCity Registered Users Posts: 338 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2005
    Great shot with a great lens thumb.gif I would like to see the entire eye in the shot. Perhaps if you moved up about 1/2" to get his entire eye and the bottom of his beak.

Keep shootin and sharin! Don't think there are many Macro photo takers here
  • Options
    MayndiMayndi Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited March 7, 2005
    look how soft and pretty the colors of that bird are. what a gorgeous bird.

hehe, that reminds me of the time i was about 6 and tried to sale my moms clothes and dishes at a little yardsale i created to help me buy a parakeet.

i've taken a liking to your photographs. i found myself wandering around all of your posts and threads seeing what you've shot. clap.gif i'll keep an eye out for more.
    Now come on. I know you love :lust me. What are you waiting for?
    "i never knew until the world was my inspiration, and these walls were my canvas"
    Hidilia Carpenter
    1/3/32 - 12/28/04
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited March 7, 2005
    Very nice!! ^5
    A beautiful bird too clap.gif

Very nice the way it is, but if you're looking to go futher with it, I agree with BC. If you can get the eye in and sharp, which might be tough (while also trying to keep the beak sharp) with this shallow DOF. I think your shot would have even more impact.

Thanks for sharing and give that pretty bird a treat mwink.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2005
    Mayndi wrote:
    look how soft and pretty the colors of that bird are. what a gorgeous bird.

hehe, that reminds me of the time i was about 6 and tried to sale my moms clothes and dishes at a little yardsale i created to help me buy a parakeet.

i've taken a liking to your photographs. i found myself wandering around all of your posts and threads seeing what you've shot. clap.gif i'll keep an eye out for more.
    Thank you for the kind words. Cute story.

I also have two 4 year-old parakeets, Tweety and Sylvester. They're my party animals. As long as there is a light on they will be up playing. Seriously. They've gone almost 24 hours nonstop. I've never seen anything like it.
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2005
    A beautiful bird too clap.gif

Very nice the way it is, but if you're looking to go futher with it, I agree with BC. If you can get the eye in and sharp, which might be tough (while also trying to keep the beak sharp) with this shallow DOF. I think your shot would have even more impact.

Thanks for sharing and give that pretty bird a treat mwink.gif

Steve
    I agree with you and BC, but you got it right about it being tough. I need to use the shallow DOF because she moves too much and I can't open it up and get a better shot with all the movement. She's only 9 months old. Maybe a couple of years from now I can get it.

Thanks for the comments.
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 8, 2005
    BridgeCity wrote:
    Great shot with a great lens thumb.gif I would like to see the entire eye in the shot. Perhaps if you moved up about 1/2" to get his entire eye and the bottom of his beak.

Keep shootin and sharin! Don't think there are many Macro photo takers here

15524779-Ti.gif