Options

LPS 19 Unofficial Feedback Thread

ShudderzShudderz Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
edited January 7, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
Mind if I start this one?

Here are my top ten (:D not including mine of course:wink) not in any order. They are my favorites of the images I thought best fit the theme...a hard decision as usual

I will try to post the reasonings behind my picks tomorrow.

240667939-L.jpg

I was surprised to see that I didn't choose more "action" thoughts. I guess when I think action, I expected more, well, ACTION. I love the creative ways that thoughts were portrayed by so many of you.
Heather
www.heatherdunnphotography.com
My Blog My Facebook Page
GIVING BACK - How will you give?
"I look at life outside of the lens and capture the world through it." -Thomas Robinson

Comments

• Options
    imaximax Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    My Top 10 that I felt fit the theme best.

· Dog Days of December
    · Mind Power
    · Derby Dreams
    · A day in the skin
    · Reaction
    · Kerplunk
    · Mischief
    · Hmmm. . . if looks could kill. . .
    · Flurry
    · Flying with a Purpose

240711156-L.jpg

Best of luck to everyone
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    thanks for having me on your listthumb.gif

my top entries, no order, but the dog days is my fav.

240528910-L.jpg
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    Quick before I change my mind.... Many, many good images to choose from this round!

Mark's%20LPS19.jpg
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • Options
    The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    Ok, I think I'll play this time, I don't know how to do the galleries style you do and would like to be more expressive about all the photographs but I'm still learning.:D

1 Urbanaries-chocolate cake nirvana, love every thing about this shot.

2 Paul McKee-Super cool. I really like the creative thinking.

3 Hoofclix- Doppelganger, Really captures the moment in the game.

4 Sherstone-Love originality of this shot and how he seems to be commanding the waters around him.

5 Ifocus- Expectation Great action and color.

6 Llywellyn-Flurry, seems like what daily life is.

7 Nikolai-Crash, I just really like everything about this shot. The action of the girl and the water crashing and spraying in the background.

8 PyroPrints-Inscrutable Expression, Love this guy's expression.

9 Jeffreaux2-High wire Feel good shot. Don't all little girls dream of this?

10 LiquidAir-Mischief.Love everything about this shot. Incredible. Having 2 boys I recognized this look:D

Of course I wish the best for all entries. These pictures just happened to be ones that moved something in me and I'll remember for a long time.

Peace to all, gail
  • Options
    fashiznitsngrinsfashiznitsngrins Registered Users Posts: 220 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    Here are my top ten in no particular order:
    240857881-M.jpg

Thoughts seemed to speak to me more than action but theme interpretation was forefront for my selections...

#10 - Seastack: The expression on the dog's face says it all, great crop and depth of field

#14 - PaulThomas McKee: WOW! I really wish I knew how Paul came up with his ideas! Excellent execution to boot!

#17 - Greensquared: I like the "dreamy" feel to this shot and the way the light makes the pen translucent and gives it a focal point for me.

#21 AaronNelson: The colors in this one really work for me (basically everything is brown, blue or white). Great depth of field and as a great "stare off into space" person whether that is what the girl is doing or not, it's what I feel from it.

#25 ipduffy: horrible subject, but it's life (unfortunately) and it is very well done (believeable).

#32 - Peter Dumont: You can just see the conviction on this woman's face and no one cares - great title and great caption. A great blend of the two themes which isn't an easy thing to pull off.

#43 - LLywellyn: I love the contrast between the large pillars and the small people. I like the blurred motion for action and the use of black and white.

#47 - kwalsh: nice set up. What works for me on this shot is the expression on the guy's face and the motion in the mentos. If either of those weren't there, I don't think it would have worked as well for me, but as is, it just brings it all together into a great scene.

#51 - Agila: This one seems overprocessed to me (forgive me if I am wrong), but it still works. It reminds me of a favorite lookout point of mine and when I look at this picture, I feel as if I am there and I start drifting off in my thoughts....

#64 - Photochaos: I really liked this one straight away. I love the natural light and it doesn't feel contrived - I feel that the boy is deeply into whatever he is looking at (like I would really disturb him if I was to interrupt).

There were at least 4 others that I had to really reason with myself for not picking, but in the end it came down to how convincing they were to me on theme - but so many great shots to choose from. Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    I iloveyou.gif Dog Days of December, there rest are pretty damn good too =c)

3382374-994.jpg

pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • Options
    GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    My Top Ten
    In no particular order. This was a great round and so many good entries. Best of luck to you all! Emily
    240881385-L.jpg
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• Options
    TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    A few of my favorites, Fabulous Entries everyone...Good Luck To All.

Hoofclix being my number 1 (Excellent b/w, thought, emotion, motion, nice framing capture) This made me really wonder what the guy was thinking his next move was going to be.

297254287.jpg
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • Options
    HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    Tentacion wrote:
    This made me really wonder what the guy was thinking his next move was going to be.

Thanks, Donna! Actually, neither of them had any earthly idea what move to make next..... The guy on the right is so indecisive that he's still sitting there thinking about it...
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,006 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    picks
    Thanks, Donna! for the picking my shot -- My picks in no order ...

#1 - Seastack: ---dog days of dec.

#2 - madigg: ----joy ! I think this is joy -would have been better if the lady behind her was gone
    #3 - NIK: ---crash
    #4 AaronNelson: ----derby dreams
    #5 swartz:--- new adventure
    #6 - Peter Dumont: preaching in the desert
    #7 - bgara2001: are there consequences --send it to pet smart
    #8 - liguidair: ---mischief
    #9 - Agila: --contemplate
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/