Options

The Taj Mahal, Agra, India

ChanderjeetChanderjeet Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
edited January 10, 2008 in Journeys
Hi again,

I had heard about the Black Taj Mahal which the king wanted to make. It would have been an exact replica of the Taj we know today but only in Black; situated on the other side of river yamuma. I wanted to check it out myself to i went to the taj mahal but only found the ruin of the site which was being prepared for the Black Taj. But i did manage to get some shots of the Taj. Heres a couple.

Taken from the Front Lawns.
3793470235ab2871c8cug7.jpg

Taken from across the river banks. I was standing at the Black taj site.
379347027ed10548c02oid6.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2008
    These are interesting never heard of Black taj Mehal
    loved the 2nd shot most
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2008
    When I heard the story for the first time, i could believe myself. So i had to check it out. It was a nice little ride.
  • Options
    Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2008
    The Taj is indeed very beautiful.
    You have captured the monument in a very interesting way !...thumb.gif

Good work ! clap.gif
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • Options
    MajiMaji Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited January 9, 2008
    The Black Taj
    This is what I can remember about what I had read about the Black Taj Mahal.

As most of us know, Emperor Shahjahan built the white marble Taj Mahal as the mausoleum for his beloved wife, Queen Mumtaz. For his mausoleum, he wanted to build an exact replica of the white Taj out of black onyx. It would be mirrored across the River Yamuna. The feeling will be that the two souls are present but separated by the River of Sorrow which will be represented by the Yamuna.

Well, before he could really get to build his own mausoleum, he got dethroned and imprisoned by his own son. Thus, the black Taj is just a fallow area.

I am writing this from memory... something I read more than two decades ago. So, something may be missing or maybe wrong, please feel free to correct.
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2008
    Maji wrote:
    This is what I can remember about what I had read about the Black Taj Mahal.

As most of us know, Emperor Shahjahan built the white marble Taj Mahal as the mausoleum for his beloved wife, Queen Mumtaz. For his mausoleum, he wanted to build an exact replica of the white Taj out of black onyx. It would be mirrored across the River Yamuna. The feeling will be that the two souls are present but separated by the River of Sorrow which will be represented by the Yamuna.

Well, before he could really get to build his own mausoleum, he got dethroned and imprisoned by his own son. Thus, the black Taj is just a fallow area.

I am writing this from memory... something I read more than two decades ago. So, something may be missing or maybe wrong, please feel free to correct.

Thats pretty much what i know too.