Options

Chess Set

VycorVycor Registered Users Posts: 386 Major grins
edited January 10, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
I took this shot bout 6 years ago. I used a Nikon Coolpix 5000 at the time. Lighting was actually the base of a lava lamp and the chess set was placed on a black blanket.

100868758_c7a90c3c92_b.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    Vycor wrote:
    I took this shot bout 6 years ago. I used a Nikon Coolpix 5000 at the time. Lighting was actually the base of a lava lamp and the chess set was placed on a black blanket.

Hi Vycor, I like your crop on this shot.
    Well done, I've used a black T Shirt for a backdrop a few times.

Great Shot Vycor clap.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    D.RodgersD.Rodgers Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    Really quite a nice image..
    Good use of lighting and exposure.but cant help but feel it would better if the peices were lit evenly.
  • Options
    dgrinjacksondgrinjackson Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    I really like the shot. I think the composition is great. The lighting....I guess I like the dark to light and how it draws the eye across the image.
  • Options
    VycorVycor Registered Users Posts: 386 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    Yeah i look at this now and i can critique it. This was before i REALLY got into photography and knew anything. Not bad for basically a point and shoot style camera with a few different options though. I should re-do this one day with my d200 and get a REALLY nice shot, still have the chess set
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    Beautiful i always have seen people playing this but don't know what they do :D
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    Dave CleeDave Clee Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    I have to say that although the shot itself could be better, its a bit to uniform for my taste, the lighting and the subject itself really peaks my interest.

This would be worth reshooting, trying some different angles and maybe experimenting with different DOF's as well.

I think you are onto something here though.

Great idea, makes me want to go out and buy a glass chess set to use when its to damn cold up here to take the camera outside.

Cheers

Dave
    Still searching for the light...

http://www.daveclee.com

Nikon D3 and a bunch of nikkor gear
    that has added up over the years :wink