Options

Varsity Boys Soccer

EMCEMC Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
edited March 8, 2005 in Sports
I love soccer....any and all feed back is welcome...other soccer albums are on my home page....thanks for taking the time to resond...

Comments

• Options
    mgoundmgound Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2005
    Great shot.
    Land on your right foot. Don't forget it!
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 7, 2005
    Night time soccer. Now that's a challenge. I was going to suggest even higher shutter speed, but at night, that's probably the best you can do.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2005
    I would crop it tighter, the sunset in the back is nice but it doesnt contribute much to the action at hand (and well if you keep the ball in the photo you do get some of it.

Like Erik said maybe a fast shutter speed would make the photo sharper (oh the wonders of AI servo for sports) but if you have something like the rebel, anything where you have to turn the iso up to 800 and more is going to be noisey.

Why do I have to always be the bad guy?

Its a nice shot of a header, and I love the blond kids hair.
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited March 8, 2005
    EMC,

Nice results under tough lighting thumb.gifthumb.gif

I agree with Karen. Crop some of the left side and bottom of the shot. You'll lose some of the Sunset, but those flying golden locks will appear larger clap.gif

Doc and Karen's comments on speed are also valid. But, as Doc points out, that might have been the best you could get ne_nau.gif If so, ya done good thumb.gif

Of course you've got to be the bad guy Karen. Doc and I took a secret vote and we elected you to be the bearer of bad news :tough Laughing.gif Just kidding. What you may believe is "being the bad guy" is wayyyyyyyyy more helpful than the usual "Nice pic" comment most pics get. Plus, you do point flaws out constructively. With no intention of being mean or derogatory. Personally, I really enjoy when you pick my shots apart. I'm trying to get better shots and I really appreciate you taking the time to help me accomplish this thumb.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero