Options

Snack Shack At Beach

VycorVycor Registered Users Posts: 386 Major grins
edited January 11, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Went to the beach today with a friend trying to take some shots. Didn't take much. I liked this old snack shack though. It was tilting and I used some lighting effects in photoshop to try and darken the rest of the image but add a focal spotlight on the shack itself, ehh i like it a lil. Not my best but its still neat to look at:

2183445275_b94ab666c3_b.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    Seems like 3d model
    Interesting
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2008
    Yeah i cant quite put a word to it, but its got sorta.... well i dont even know how to describe it. It just looks artsy to me, kinda... i dunno, lol i cant figure out a word for it
  • Options
    Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2008
    hey i like it! thumb.gif

somehow the lighting effect has some posterisation headscratch.gif i think it would be nicer if you made the lighting effect smoother then it wouldnt look like it has 10 aura's :D

hope it helps
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • Options
    CantfeelmyfingersCantfeelmyfingers Registered Users Posts: 531 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2008
    I'm not really liking the spotlight on it.. It's wayy too dark for my liking.
    I like the subject, but I think I would rather see it with the contrast pumped up instead!
    "Take my picture, Tonight I feel beautiful..."
    -Marilyn Monroe
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2008
    Vycor wrote:
    Went to the beach today with a friend trying to take some shots. Didn't take much. I liked this old snack shack though. It was tilting and I used some lighting effects in photoshop to try and darken the rest of the image but add a focal spotlight on the shack itself, ehh i like it a lil. Not my best but its still neat to look at:

Ahahaha looks like it got dumped there by a wave rolleyes1.gif
    Why is it sitting like that on the beach? it doesn't look old in the photo.

I like how you've done this shot, even though it's a little on the dark side.
    It's pretty darn Cool clap.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited January 11, 2008
    I made it dark to kinda made the shack stand out. I dunno why its crooked. My friend said they dont use it anymore but yeah looks really new. I'll try some more lighting techniques later.