Options

Random Berries

morphmorph Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited January 14, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
So i picked up a new 12-24 lens for my Pentax K10D. I shouldn't have, but did. It's mainly so i can shoot architecture, but as i was coming home with it, i couldn't help but play with the hibernating vines on the side of my house. A subtle splash of blue amongst browns. What a difference from the stock lens!! My first, "aimed" shot with 12-24:

Berries%202.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2008
    haha, well congrats i suppose :D

wide angles are great fun, you'll have a blast! thumb.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • Options
    morphmorph Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited January 11, 2008
    haha, well congrats i suppose :D

wide angles are great fun, you'll have a blast! thumb.gif

Thanks! Too bad there isn't really much good architecture in New Mexico. Haha! I'm debating running up to Denver next week to check out Libeskind's Denver Art Museum - formally an intriguing building, but architecturally a bit of a folly, from what i understand.
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2008
    morph wrote:
    So i picked up a new 12-24 lens for my Pentax K10D. I shouldn't have, but did. It's mainly so i can shoot architecture, but as i was coming home with it, i couldn't help but play with the hibernating vines on the side of my house. A subtle splash of blue amongst browns. What a difference from the stock lens!! My first, "aimed" shot with 12-24:

Hi there Morph 12mm is pretty wide, and heaps of fun too.
    Wide is great to mess around with.

Congratulations on your new lens ... thanks for sharing thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    i have noticed from playing around with my wide angle (10-20 sigma) that the power lies in suggestion. Wide angles can distort and suggest to the point that it looks impressing, even though its not (so much). good luck at the museum and be sure to share the results! :D

to me very typical: the flashy cars at the bottom add to the suggestion and the height of the building is exhaturated. this can only be done with WA.

224600668-XL-1.jpg
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com